Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody tell me if insurance is a must in UK?If it is a must what happens if I drive a car without it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

If caught without insurance you'll be in trouble, that's what!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If you drive without it, you face a mahoosive fine and possible prison sentence, I believe, not to mention a good few years of a driving ban.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

Ten points, the car taken away, and a cracking fine if I remember rightly.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh

ReputationRep:
    i did it for 2 years... just drive at night on open roads and only go into town when it is packed...

that said, I had to bomb it from the popopolice about 10 times!!

ReputationRep:
    You can get cheap insurance!
    I got mine from Admiral which was pretty cheap, compared to other places anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ballet_shoes)
    You can get cheap insurance!
    I got mine from Admiral which was pretty cheap, compared to other places anyway.
    Tried that site cos my insurance ran out 12 mins ago and it said 2k :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceCold91)
    Tried that site cos my insurance ran out 12 mins ago and it said 2k :eek3:
    Really? I think mines like £800 or something and that was when I was a completely new driver. Though I did add my parents on it as well, which I think made it cheaper

ReputationRep:
    direct line are the cheapest for me try that mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    Ten points, the car taken away, and a cracking fine if I remember rightly.
    Six points I think, but you're bang on about the other stuff.

Don't do it kids!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    if you drive without insurance your car will be taken away and you will be banned and you will get points and a fine. and possibly a prison sentance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    if you drive without insurance your car will be taken away and you will be banned and you will get points and a fine. and possibly a prison sentance.
    if you get caught
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hayabusa999)
    if you get caught
    you will get caught because no insurance = no tax. and with ANPR you will get caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    you will get caught because no insurance = no tax. and with ANPR you will get caught.
    not if you drive at night and only go into town on busy days when the police can't scan ya

ReputationRep:
    not if you drive at night and only go into town on busy days when the police can't scan ya
    Police can still catch you at night perfectly reasonably.

Anyway in my view anyone who drives without insurance is a complete and utter selfish c***. If you can't afford to properly use the car then don't use it, it is not some god given right to be able to drive.

ReputationRep:
    You're a real piece of scum. How can you even think about encouraging driving without insurance. You are the reason prices are so high for the rest of us.

With relation to your previous post about getting a superbike, I retract what I said and you should really get on with removing yourself from the gene pool as soon as possible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 31, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.