I'm starting uni in sept to do a nursing diploma at DMU and i have 3 questions to ask and i would appreciate if someone wouldnt mind answering them
1. If you miss a day or two at uni because of being ill (or any other reason) do you still get the full months bursary or will some money get lower amount because of those missed days?
2. When doing the Nursing diploma when do you actually start working/doing shifts in a hospital?
3. What kind of timetable should i expect?
x Turn on thread page Beta
Nursing Question watch
- Thread Starter
- 30-07-2009 23:29
- 30-07-2009 23:48
im hoping to start nursing in September also...degree at Sheffield
from the people ive asked and from the interviews which included both degree and diploma candidates, the two courses seemed pretty much the same apart from at the end the degree students do an extra module.
As far as im aware we still will get te full months bursary and im pretty certain placements for nursing starts around november/december time, at least thats what i got told at my Sheffield interview as i would have thought it'd be pretty standard due to the NMC guidelines.
Timetable.... urrrm a busy one ? lots of lecture and clinical skills time to prepare us for the wards then lots of unsociable placement hours at the hospitals/clinical settings.
sorry if this hasnt helped, its just the general impression i got from my interviews and from the different people and universitys ive asked, the information ive recieved has been pretty standard across the board
good luck for september =]
- 31-07-2009 00:18
1. as long as you're not constantly off with unreported sickness you should be fine lol just avoid taking sick days tho as they add up and are expected to be made up
2. Usually around 6-12weeks after theory..as for hula saying clinical skills time *snigger* i got 2 clinical skills pratice before my placement, was ridiculous
3. Usually 4/5 days , 9-4 but contact your institution if you're worried about childcare etc