Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got into county too (superior ensuite)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Seems County is pretty quick and organised. :p:
    Yeah! It's unusual though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Got into County! (Superior standard).

Excited.
    Exactly the same for me, superior standard as well! Exciting stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite understand :stupido3:

Have you all recieved your accomodation placements because you had unconditional offers?

Because it says on the university website that accomodation offers are sent out after the results are published...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexQ)

Have you all recieved your accomodation placements because you had unconditional offers?

Because it says on the university website that accomodation offers are sent out after the results are published...
    I had an unconditional, not sure about everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexQ)

I have an unconditional offer but haven't got anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they've decided to turn over a new leaf this year. :p:
    Maybe :p: You never know! Lol.

I am jeelous of your guys en-suite prospects. I arrived at my house this week & the last lot of students living here were so lazy they hadn't even put the rubbish out/ hoovered/ cleaned the bathroom :eek: I have actually had to paint my room.

ReputationRep:
    I thought students weren't allowed to leave a mess after they leave? Didn't they get charged for the cleaning/wall damage expenses? :confused:
    Well, they won't get their deposits back but that doesn't help us much.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they've decided to turn over a new leaf this year. :p:

Woo. :five: Superior stuff.
    Do you reckon that they will fill it up like one unconditional student in flat A, one in flat B, in a cycle until they've roomed everyone? Because unconditional students tend to be gappers or older, and I hope they don't just fill it up first come first served i.e. fill up flat A first, then flat B...I want a mix!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Do you reckon that they will fill it up like one unconditional student in flat A, one in flat B, in a cycle until they've roomed everyone? Because unconditional students tend to be gappers or older, and I hope they don't just fill it up first come first served i.e. fill up flat A first, then flat B...I want a mix!
    I don't know how County do it but in Furness this year we had a mix. Our flat of four consisted of three non-gap year and one gap year students. The flat upstairs (of 5) had two gap year students, two non-gap year students and another guy who was 23 at the start of the year. So, they tend to mix it although I don't know whether that is deliberate or coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *banana)
    Well, they won't get their deposits back but that doesn't help us much.
    I noticed that on campus last year. My desk had big chunks taken out of it and there was writing on the wall and stuff which hadn't been clean/covered/fixed. Bit of a pain to be honest as they might as well fix the problems when they retain people's deposits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I noticed that on campus last year. My desk had big chunks taken out of it and there was writing on the wall and stuff which hadn't been clean/covered/fixed. Bit of a pain to be honest as they might as well fix the problems when they retain people's deposits.
    Yeah. I wouldn't mind that. The whole house is just filthy though. It's really gross. Bleugh. Oh well! I'm dying to hoover but we don't have one that works atm!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how County do it but in Furness this year we had a mix. Our flat of four consisted of three non-gap year and one gap year students. The flat upstairs (of 5) had two gap year students, two non-gap year students and another guy who was 23 at the start of the year. So, they tend to mix it although I don't know whether that is deliberate or coincidence.
    Ahh that's definitely good! I would hate it to be organised like flats of unconditional students then flats of conditional students simply because unconditionals got roomed first!

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was what they did! So technically someone could completely trash the place and throw food everywhere and it doesn't get cleaned? Could you request for the college/uni to have things fixed if they are broken etc.?

I want a mix too! Having said that, I wouldn't mind a lot of gap year students so that I don't feel too old. :p:
    Yeah I would like a couple of 18 year olds, and a couple of 19 year olds and a couple who are older. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was what they did! So technically someone could completely trash the place and throw food everywhere and it doesn't get cleaned? Could you request for the college/uni to have things fixed if they are broken etc.?

I want a mix too! Having said that, I wouldn't mind a lot of gap year students so that I don't feel too old. :p:
    Your room won't be dirty. I'm in town - there is only one day change over so they don't check them all. If anything is broken, which is not that likely there's maintenance guys who'll fix it.

ReputationRep:

Mine had cobwebs in the corners and as I mentioned, stains on the carpet and writing on the draws etc plus chunks out of the desk. However, they are *cleaned* and are meant to be left clean when you leave. I guess some things are hard to repair though, such as the chunks out of the desk, without replacing them. If you have any major problems they should fix it when you tell them and are generally quite good at doing it quickly.

Basically, I wouldn't worry but don't be shocked if it isn't pristine. I imagine the older rooms are worse as they have a build up - for example, some patches on my walls were a slightly different colour where in the past they had painted over stains/markings.

ReputationRep:
    i hope they dont give all the good choices to everyone who has an unconditional offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holli2011)
    i hope they dont give all the good choices to everyone who has an unconditional offer!
    Good choices depends on your point of view lol. I got my first choice and so did the majority of the people I know and we were mostly students with conditional offers.

ReputationRep:
    Good choices depends on your point of view lol. I got my first choice and so did the majority of the people I know and we were mostly students with conditional offers.
    oh thats good il be happy then cant wait to come now!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.
    I'm a bit confused. I have an unconditional offer at Lancaster, I sent my accomodation application as soon as I got the e-mail... yet no accomodation offer =S
    Is this reason enough for me to panic . . . like this --> :woo:
    x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Sep '18
  2. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.