Turn on thread page Beta

Drunks talking in street watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you talk back?
    I mean like tonight, I was walking home through town, and several idiot drunk people tried talking to me, I igonred them and carried on walking although they werent that drunk.

Do you talk back when this happenns? Or do you do this when you go out clubbing/pub crawling?

ReputationRep:
    If you dont talk to them, your antisocial .. jus highlights the great thing about being british .. being antisocial

ReputationRep:
    I tend to ignore them. If you reply, they tend to think that they are in with a chance (In your case) or that you're insulting them (My case). Either way it'll end badly, so just ignore and continue on your way, this way they'll lose interest.

EDIT:

However, if they're just bieng friendly, like they just say "Evenin'" or something, then just be polite and reply The above example only counts if they're like "Hey baby, wanna see my ****?" or "You look like that prick from TV"

ReputationRep:
    If you mean homeless drunks then yes, I'd probably say something back. They seem to be very interesting and nice people, with a bit of wisdom about them. You wouldn't think it.

ReputationRep:
    If it was a girl, then I would :teeth:

A guy and I'd ignore him...

ReputationRep:
    If they seem friendly, yeah, course I would, it'd be rude not to. If they're shouting random things at me, I just keep my head down.

ReputationRep:
    You get the best conversations when you talk to drunk people, even better if you're drunk as well though.

ReputationRep:
    If I was drunk as well I'd probably end up talking to them.

ReputationRep:
    im scared of drunk people unless im drunk

dead serious

ReputationRep:
    if they are shaggable..

ReputationRep:
    Other students, I usually ignore unless I know them (i.e they're friends)

Drunks, it depends. If it's a hello, sometime sI reply. Otherwise I'd rathrr just go on to the next place or catch my bus.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a vulnerable female, just smile back and hurry along on your way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    If you're a vulnerable female, just smile back and hurry along on your way.
    I wouldnt advice smiling .. gives the wrong impression

Some drunks are heartbroken u know guys jus be nice and say hi back

ReputationRep:
    I usually say something back if they say hello because I'm afraid they'll get angry if I ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    I just occasionally laugh or smile but I always carry on.
    I wouldn't want a conversation with them, I really don't like the company of drunk people and I feel pretty vulnerable around them so I wouldn't put myself in a situation where I replied and ended up having a conversation with them.
    I've occasionally made some sarcy comment in reply to theirs if they've gone a bit far or whatever and I seem like a bit of a *****, but jesus some people have no shame. :facepalm:
    My point being, most of the time I'll just keep on walking whether I say something quick back or not.

ReputationRep:
    I always talk back, because im really friendly, and not rude. Then again Im usually very drunk when this happens=]

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the 'drunks' and the situation.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the situation/person, but generally i give them a thumbs up or a giggle and walk on

ReputationRep:
    Depends who it is, if it's just someone on their own seeming friendly then yeah, sure, otherwise I wouldn't risk it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.