The Student Room Group

What are the chances I'll fail the course?

My course consists of 8 modules spanned through two semesters. I had to pass a minimum of 6 out of those 8 modules, and 6 of the ones I had to pass must have included 4 core modules. So those 4 are the minimum, with 2 additional modules needed.

I've passed 7 modules and I'm retaking the exam for that final core module. The pressure got to me and I messed up bad. Seriously, I literally raised my hand and took the tutor outside to have a word about it with him. I was gutted with myself and sorry for him to know it.

He managed to motivate me back into the room and finish it (it was multiple choice and I couldn't even put myself through to guessing the answers for most of it). However there is the coursework component for this final core module as well and I think I'll do well enough on it. However its worth a lot less than the exam.

I'm not sure if I'll pass this module. What are the chances that they'll refuse to let me continue my course on the basis of not passing 1 of 8 modules? I can understand it being a core and I accept that, its just unfair that you do 7 out of 8 and its not enough, whereas 6 out of 8 is.
Christ, man up and resit the exam. No-one on here can tell you if you will be passed or not, so other than gaining sympathy there's no point in this thread.
Reply 2
Dont be mean, hes just thinking to himself
I enjoy being mean occasionally. Gets it out of my system.
Reply 4
Most universities allow you to carry one module over into the next year, though you'll have to pay full fees for that module - I'm sure since your tutor saw what happened, you could arrange a meeting with him/her to discuss your options.

Latest

Trending

Trending