Turn on thread page Beta

Food shopping: do you go for watch

• View Poll Results: What apples do you go for when food shopping?
    Pink Lady
    25.84%
    Cox
    2.25%
    Braeburn
    16.85%
    Jazz
    0%
    Golden Delicious
    7.87%
    Discovery
    0%
    Gala
    7.87%
    Granny Smith
    20.22%
    Fuji
    2.25%
    Red Delicious
    8.99%
    Other
    2.25%
    I don't like apples
    5.62%

ReputationRep:
    Sat here eating an apple and reading some of the threads that pop up on the main TSR page thinking what can I come up with that's never been asked before (hopefully)..
    Every time I go food shopping I cant' help but notice that while in the grocery section people only go for a type of apple rather than a selection, but that might be because its cheaper to buy a pack (or more) rather than a variety, and what I'm curious about is to find out if people have a favorite? Very random I know, but everyone I know have their preferences.

ReputationRep:
    Red Delicious, normally the juciest I think. Granny Smith's aren't up too much imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    Red Delicious, normally the juciest I think. Granny Smith's aren't up too much imo.
    omg shut up granny smiths are the best!!!

ReputationRep:
    braeburns is the shiniest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    omg shut up granny smiths are the best!!!
    Flavourless and too crunchy ! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    apples are meant to be crunchy.. and you can feel those juices with every bite..

ReputationRep:
    Mum always buys pink ladies but I'm not too keen on them, wish she'd get something else for a change :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I only like green apples, Grannies are the best, but i'm not too fussy.

ReputationRep:
    Granny Smith are just the best. Crunchy and yummy. perfect. I don't want none of those 'powdery' apples! You all know what I mean when I say powdery. argh

ReputationRep:
    I like cox

ReputationRep:
    granny smiths are sour and not the crunchiest apples there are,
    i used to like braeburns until i discovered pink lady

ReputationRep:
    Braeburns, sweet, crunchy, juicy and flavoursome without a really thick skin like Granny Smiths.

My husband :-) likes Jonagold because they're huge and half the price of any other apple, and he thinks they're crunchy, juicy, sweet without being too sweet and a nice mix of red-yellow. Personally I think they're rather tasteless though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    apples are meant to be crunchy.. and you can feel those juices with every bite..
    Crunchy yes, but not so crunchy that your teeth have to break sweat in order to get a bite!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I am in a good mood so +rep for you for liking Red Del.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a5d)
    Sat here eating an apple and reading some of the threads that pop up on the main TSR page thinking what can I come up with that's never been asked before (hopefully)..
    Every time I go food shopping I cant' help but notice that while in the grocery section people only go for a type of apple rather than a selection, but that might be because its cheaper to buy a pack (or more) rather than a variety, and what I'm curious about is to find out if people have a favorite? Very random I know, but everyone I know have their preferences.
    You can't really go for a selection of apples, as you pay as per the weight of the brand of apple. You can't put through 3 Granny Smith, 3 Braeburn and 3 Red Delicious as any one type, and to go through the whole bag to make sure that you have all the right ones... It's annoying!

ReputationRep:
    has to be pink ladies, love the sweetness of them

ReputationRep:
    Gala are usually cheapest, so I go for those. If I'm feeling rich, Braeburn it is!

I LOVE apples though!

ReputationRep:
    I love da granny.

ReputationRep:
    Pink Lady. I adore Pink Lady apples, they're just scrumptious. So crisp, so juicy! I had a Cripps Pink yesterday though, which was also awesome.

I tend to just buy 3 or 4 separately because it works out cheaper sometimes than buying them bagged, plus it means I don't end up with a huge bag of apples that I'm struggling to eat for 2 weeks! But Tesco have big bags of Pink Lady apples for £1.50 at the minute so that's uber good value

ReputationRep:
    Granny smith

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.