Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey

I'm just 21, and I am getting a 4 year old heyabusa next week. it's costing £3, 500 and has done 8, 000 miles.

are there any words of warning out there from other bikers? this is my first bike btw..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayabusa999)
    hey

I'm just 21, and I am getting a 4 year old heyabusa next week. it's costing £3, 500 and has done 8, 000 miles.

are there any words of warning out there from other bikers? this is my first bike btw..
    I'm not a biker but here's some advice...

Nobody likes people who brag.

ReputationRep:
    Have fun.

Carry a doner card.

ReputationRep:
    only advice would be take it easy for the 1st couple of weeks.

you're a newbie and the 'busa has an unreal amount of power.

EDIT: only £3,500? seems awfully cheap, check it and make sure it's all in working order

ReputationRep:
    It's scratched down one side lol.... and the wing mirror is cracked.

Does anyone know how to pass the test (ie what site to go to) and whether ill be able to pass in a week (as the bikes due then)

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P hayabusa999

ReputationRep:
    god it's only a bike... I doubt I'll go over 60 for a long time

ReputationRep:
    in b4 OP is dead

ReputationRep:
    god it's only a bike... I doubt I'll go over 60 for a long time
    I doubt you'll reach 40 ever on that let alone 60... But.. It's nice to think you are giving something back to all those people who are in need of new kidneys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    I doubt you'll reach 40 ever on that let alone 60... But.. It's nice to think you are giving something back to all those people who are in need of new kidneys...
    why on earth wouldn't I reach 60...

ReputationRep:
    why on earth wouldn't I reach 60...
    You would have died long before 60 years old... perhaps :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    car larries...

ReputationRep:
    Wait. So you want to get one of the world's most powerful production bikes, as your first bike, even though you've yet to pass your test?

You're either a troll, or soon to be dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Wait. So you want to get one of the world's most powerful production bikes, as your first bike, even though you've yet to pass your test?

You're either a troll, or soon to be dead.
    a troll? lol what's that?

I don't think it's a silly thing to do because
    1) It looks the coolest bike I've seen
    2) I won't pust it past 60

only thing I'm worried about is how hard it is to hold on when using full throttle....

ReputationRep:
    You say you wont push it past 60... you will, just to see if you can, as the road looks nice, as your not looking at the speedo, or as another idiot comes along and revs his engine and want s a race.

I'm hoping your a troll if not have you thought of insurance?

ReputationRep:
    That is pretty retarded, why not go 50, 125, 400, 600 .... instead of straight to a busa I mean many 20 year+ bikers I know are just now thinking they might try and get one.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't already done your test, then it is a stupid idea.

Plus, if you do the standard bike test, I thought you had to have a power limiter to 33bhp for a few years. This could be wrong though as I haven't read the rules for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashley1407)
    Plus, if you do the standard bike test, I thought you had to have a power limiter to 33bhp for a few years. This could be wrong though as I haven't read the rules for a while.
    This is correct, so limit your hayabusa or else you can be prosecuted for riding without insurance or a license - you need to do DAS or have had your license for two years.

Since you are at least 17, and have a bit of money do you cbt, ride a sports 125 for a year or two on your cbt like an rs125, or a tzr of something.

Then do your test and for 2 years have a 400 or 600, a 400 is best like a vfr it has to be restriced anyway.

Then if you really want get a busa.

ReputationRep:
    a troll? lol what's that?

I don't think it's a silly thing to do because
    1) It looks the coolest bike I've seen
    2) I won't pust it past 60

only thing I'm worried about is how hard it is to hold on when using full throttle....
    From you previous posts, I get the impression that you don't have a license yet?

You're insane!

You need to do your cbt, basic test and, if you want to ride a big bike without the 2 year riding period, the DAS.

You really need experience before riding a high performance bike, it's not only the actual speed you're traveling at that's the issue, the weight of the bike and how responsive it is all combine to make handling it more difficult. You really need to get some experience - I'd also recommend some time on the track to get some experience at speed. The bike you're getting is a sweet machine...for someone with 5 years plus of serious riding behind them!

I really don't think it's feasible to get the licenses you need in a week!

By the way, what you are wanting to do with this bike is like taking an intensive course to pass your car test in a week, then getting behind the wheel of a sports car...I'd advise against it!

ReputationRep:
    have you even tried to get insurance yet?

I tried an r1 for a laugh, those who would insure me wanted 5k upwards.

I seriously wouldn't reccomend a 'busa as a first bike as tired as you probably are of hearing it. the amount of power there is literally a killer. A 600cc bike will foot 60 in under 4 seconds. getting through the test quickly is not the attitude to take if you're looking at stepping on a big bike; being as aware and prepared as possible is. On top of this, I'd look at advanced courses. I don't care what anyone says, jumping on a hyabusa as a first bike WILL catch you out, whether it's because of someone over-estimating their skills or a genuine accident that they werent prepared for.

you WILL go past 60. trust me on that. it does 60 in well under 3 seconds :laugh:

You'll have far more fun on a 125-600cc sports bike, than on a busa where you've got to think non stop about traction on a busa. You'd need to restrict it unless you do DAS also which is pretty pointless.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.