Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Troll or moron, that is the question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    I'm not a biker but here's some advice...

Nobody likes people who brag.
    it's ok, he'll have a fatal accident roughly 3 minutes after collecting the bike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayabusa999)
    hey

I'm just 21, and I am getting a 4 year old heyabusa next week. it's costing £3, 500 and has done 8, 000 miles.

are there any words of warning out there from other bikers? this is my first bike btw..
    Your FIRST bike? Oh dear... Well it's not too bad unless you drive it like a responsible road user other than those idiots that give motorcycling a bad name and image.

1000cc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samalama)
    Your FIRST bike? Oh dear... Well it's not too bad unless you drive it like a responsible road user other than those idiots that give motorcycling a bad name and image.

1000cc?
    1300cc!

I think it's a troll, but if it's not,don't get a 'busa, they're one of the quickest bikes around. At least spend a year on a 400/600 first. Even a sports 600 is a bit much for a first bike really.

I had a ZXR400 at 17, and believe me, it was quick enough for a first bike. What bikes have you ever ridden OP?

ReputationRep:
    why didn't you book your direct access course before you bought your bike?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousMatt)
    1300cc!

I think it's a troll, but if it's not,don't get a 'busa, they're one of the quickest bikes around. At least spend a year on a 400/600 first. Even a sports 600 is a bit much for a first bike really.

I had a ZXR400 at 17, and believe me, it was quick enough for a first bike. What bikes have you ever ridden OP?
    A family friend recently passed his bike test and bought a 600cc fazer. It was a silly thing to do... but he's like late 40s so at least he'll have more common-sense and road experience.

1300cc is ridiculous. You don't need a bike that big IMO, only for track days and wide open country roads.

ReputationRep:
    Get an RS125 for less than a busa, you can ride it on your CBT, so you gain experience, cheap insurance, but still fast and will hit 100.

ReputationRep:
    A family friend recently passed his bike test and bought a 600cc fazer. It was a silly thing to do... but he's like late 40s so at least he'll have more common-sense and road experience.

1300cc is ridiculous. You don't need a bike that big IMO, only for track days and wide open country roads.
    Why, Fazer is a pretty standard 600 first big bike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    Moving from never riding a bike before to then being able to go 130*. I think that's a pretty big step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    i wouldnt recommend it, Not as a very first bike, as a first de restricted one after a 125 or the like..

ReputationRep:
    Moving from never riding a bike before to then being able to go 130*. I think that's a pretty big step.
    Same as passing a driver test then getting into a 130mph car.

(Original post by Bathwiggle)
    x
    Its often recommend as a first big bike. *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    Its often recommend as a first big bike. *shrug*
    Ive never heard of it, bf specifically was told not to get it if it was his first. Oh well, suppose different people

Just its a really high insurance catagory and 98 bhp (his anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    Ive never heard of it, bf specifically was told not to get it if it was his first. Oh well, suppose different people

Just its a really high insurance catagory and 98 bhp (his anyway)
    Fair enough, MCN said they were often used as first bikes and were good for that purpose. Everyone will have their own opinions though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    Same as passing a driver test then getting into a 130mph car.
    Except... you'd have to get at least a 1.8 or maybe a 1.4 Turbo and so forth. Also... Being in a car... you have airbags, crumple zones. On a bike, the crumple zones are you and the air bag is the tarmac.

I'm not saying people don't do it... I'm saying it's a stupid thing to do and they should wait.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see everyone's concern... but there really is no need to keep posting. This is a troll. It's painfully obvious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.