Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im being made to do PAss plus! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    I really don't see the need for it other than saving you money. Since passing my test I've driving in many varying conditions and I've been fine each time. The first time I had a go on a motorway it was a good 80 miles up the M5 and then another 30 or so on the M4 and I had to deal with pouring rain, heavy spray and standing water, along with racing artics with crazy drivers in my rusty old Land Rover :p: Night driving is also great fun, although driving in the wet can get a little sketchy on AT tyres.

I think you need to make your parents realise that you passed your test for a reason and that you are now capable of driving safely.
    I totally agree with you. I wouldnt have passed if i wasnt a safe driver. The issue is just convincing them. Then again i might aswell do it for there own piece of mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockyone2)
    I passed my test today which was great until i found out i wouldnt be insured by my parents, apparently they dont think im ready to drive on my own. This is a major inconvience because i wanted to drive to the cinema this holiday. My dad then made the suggestion that i could go on my own, but he'd follow me in the other car ¬_¬. I wasnt impressed. We finally came to the desicion i could drive if i do pass plus and i will get 1 year no claims discount with more than insurance. So what are your impressions on pass plus will it make me a better driver?
    6 hours. That's it. The driving instructor sits there as a passenger, simply giving directions, rather than teaching you the basic driving skills.

I found it was a great help, before going on the motorway on my own anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I did pass plus 6 years ago, I just got in my instructors Astra, 6 hours and 290 miles later I had my certificate. We even called in at a motorway services and had lunch.

But to be honest your parents do sound very over protective, that wouldn't of done for me.

ReputationRep:
    mate i can sort u one out £40 u dont hav to do lessons and dat

ReputationRep:
    pass plus was a waste of time, was nothing i couldn't have learned through driving myself, and was a waste of money, would have saved me what, £10 on my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Well, if you fit this criteria, yes.
    How typical - I live in one of the two excluded cities :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If your parents want you to do it, tell them to pay for it.

I don't think its fair to you that they won't trust you to drive, you've passed your test haven't you!

ReputationRep:
    Go for the IAM scheme instead. Actually changes the way you drive rather than Pass Plus which just goes, here's a motorway, drive it.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.