The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey,
I applied to HYMS!! I got an offer and I so nearly went there. I loved the look of Hull and liked the fact that it was quite small. Went up and visited York once I got an offer and thought it was lovely, even though the town seemed fairly quiet. Anyway, I didn't choose HYMS in the end because I didn't like the fact you could be placed at either campus. And I wasn't too sure about Hull city either, even though I liked the uni. Went with Manchester instead, but maybe that wasn't such a good choice, a lot of people seem to think it's not so good there...
Reply 41
xbabydeex
Hey,
I applied to HYMS!! I got an offer and I so nearly went there. I loved the look of Hull and liked the fact that it was quite small. Went up and visited York once I got an offer and thought it was lovely, even though the town seemed fairly quiet. Anyway, I didn't choose HYMS in the end because I didn't like the fact you could be placed at either campus. And I wasn't too sure about Hull city either, even though I liked the uni. Went with Manchester instead, but maybe that wasn't such a good choice, a lot of people seem to think it's not so good there...
Oh dear :sad:.

People always underestimate Hull, it's really quite sad. HYMS is an excellent medical school, and Hull underrated. It does have it's rough side, and its reputation is probably justified... but it is no more unsafe than any other city in England, I think. The uni is actually pretty well situated, and as safe a place as you could wish to have.

But Manchester is also a great university, so I can't fault your choice :smile:. Are you looking forward to it?
Reply 42
Ladipidoo
:itsme:

:awesome:
But you're not... :confused:

Oh, I see. Trolling my thread :sad:.

:facepalm2:
Reply 43
Sakujo
I gonna apply.:proud:

Though I rather be at York than Hull.:ninja:

Although its all good.
Everyone feels that way when they apply, but believe me... most people at Hull prefer being at Hull than York.

Trust me on that :smile:. You should make your decision based on the course, not the location. It hardly matters where you are, in the grand scheme of things - what matters is whether you're happy there and if you can study well! :smile: And the course that HYMS offers is excellent.
Reply 44
HiBear
lol ladi

and HYMS????? PBL all over :emo:

PBL scares me :cry:
You're not even a medic! :p:
I'm a HYMS medic. Don't be forgetting me.
Reply 46
IcarusExMachina
I'm a HYMS medic. Don't be forgetting me.
You are?! :eek:

I had forgotten about you, actually. How's it going, man? I'm guessing you've gotten through your first year? Also, you must be a Yorkie...
Reply 47
Demon_AS
You're not even a medic! :p:

meh. well i would have beenn :wink:

:h:
Reply 48
HiBear
meh. well i would have beenn :wink:

:h:
"Would have been"? :p:
Reply 49
Demon_AS
"Would have been"? :p:

yeaahh!
if i got in this year i wouldnt have doubted anything and i'd have been a medic.

but it didnt and i had second thoughts. maybe i'd have had second thoughts even if i was offered places :dontknow:

this allows me to htink about it for 4 more years :h: it's a good thing :yes:
Reply 50
HiBear
yeaahh!
if i got in this year i wouldnt have doubted anything and i'd have been a medic.

but it didnt and i had second thoughts. maybe i'd have had second thoughts even if i was offered places :dontknow:

this allows me to htink about it for 4 more years :h: it's a good thing :yes:
Oh, I see! So you didn't get in this year... are you going to reapply?
Reply 51
Demon_AS
Oh, I see! So you didn't get in this year... are you going to reapply?

nah probs not :h:
Reply 52
HiBear
nah probs not :h:
I am saddened by this news :sad:.
Reply 53
Demon_AS
Oh dear :sad:.

People always underestimate Hull, it's really quite sad. HYMS is an excellent medical school, and Hull underrated. It does have it's rough side, and its reputation is probably justified... but it is no more unsafe than any other city in England, I think. The uni is actually pretty well situated, and as safe a place as you could wish to have.

But Manchester is also a great university, so I can't fault your choice :smile:. Are you looking forward to it?

I actually thought that HYMS seemed like a better medical school than Manchester after reading their prospectus. I really liked the way the course was structured, but another thing that pushed me towards Manchester was the fact that HYMS doesn't do dissection as standard. I really did like both uni's though and at first was pretty set on HYMS. But I guess I got dazzled by the size of Manchester when I went to visit :rolleyes:

I wasn't actually worried about the safety side of Hull, it seemed fine to me. I guess like most people, if I'm honest I was put off by the look of the city :o: I've met a couple of people that went to Hull though and they said it's great!!

Yeah, pretty excited about Manchester, although a bit worried about the rumours I've heard. But I'm sure it'll be fine, it's up to you how much work you put in hey? :yes:
Reply 54
xbabydeex
I really liked the way the course was structured, but another thing that pushed me towards Manchester was the fact that HYMS doesn't do dissection as standard.

Starting to reconsider....
Reply 55
Demon_AS
I am saddened by this news :sad:.

it's ok :console:
maybe grad med. but i want to have more time to decide :yes:
Reply 56
Sakujo
Starting to reconsider....

What? HYMS?
Reply 57
xbabydeex
I actually thought that HYMS seemed like a better medical school than Manchester after reading their prospectus. I really liked the way the course was structured, but another thing that pushed me towards Manchester was the fact that HYMS doesn't do dissection as standard. I really did like both uni's though and at first was pretty set on HYMS. But I guess I got dazzled by the size of Manchester when I went to visit :rolleyes:

I wasn't actually worried about the safety side of Hull, it seemed fine to me. I guess like most people, if I'm honest I was put off by the look of the city :o: I've met a couple of people that went to Hull though and they said it's great!!

Yeah, pretty excited about Manchester, although a bit worried about the rumours I've heard. But I'm sure it'll be fine, it's up to you how much work you put in hey? :yes:
Ha, well, it's a shame you chose differently, but I am sure Manchester will be equally thrilling. Like I said, it's more WHOM you're with, rather than WHERE you are.

And indeed, work hard, but play hard, too! That's the life of a medic.
Reply 58
HiBear
it's ok :console:
maybe grad med. but i want to have more time to decide :yes:
Sounds like a plan! :teeth: Let me know if I can help out with anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending