Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of this watch? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my dad likes changing watches frequently and recently just got put off the watch he has and i asked him if i could have it. He said yes, and he cancelled it's auction on eBay. I like it, i want other opinions though..Do you think i should let him sell it and try to make him buy me another one (which he might not let me do )or should i keep the one i have now (which i can't find any pictures of :tongue:)?

His watch:

Does it look a bit oldish ?

ReputationRep:
    How much?

nah it looks fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karunesh)
    How much?

nah it looks fine
    Good, glad u think so...umm..I think it cost him about £550 when he bought it a year ago

ReputationRep:
    It looks alright. Nothing special, really.

ReputationRep:
    That's nice, I like it. S'quite classy looking.

ReputationRep:
    tis fine

ReputationRep:
    ugly sorry wouldn't pay a pound tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    It looks alright. Nothing special, really.
    Quite plain, no? I think it's part of the appeal :tongue:

(Original post by missimpossible)
    That's nice, I like it. S'quite classy looking.
    I think so too but dyou think it would suit me though as a 16 year old?

(Original post by FashionADDICT)
    ugly sorry wouldn't pay a pound tbh.
    Fair enough, no need to apologize :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)

I think so too but dyou think it would suit me though as a 16 year old?
    Yeah sure it's not too old-fashioned but not ridiculously up to the minute either.

ReputationRep:
    bro if you want a decent watch look at some decent names. my dad just bought a tag heur monaco special edition
    he likes his watches got about 18 different kinds all which cost him like 5 grand each time.

ReputationRep:
    Well apart from the numbers it's quite plain, but if you like that, fair enough. It's too plain for the money. Personally, I find it a little boring, but if you like it then who cares what I think? Tis your watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr-Dangerous)
    bro if you want a decent watch look at some decent names. my dad just bought a tag heur monaco special edition
    he likes his watches got about 18 different kinds all which cost him like 5 grand each time.

Longines is a brand name :smile: and i really hate square watches but each to their own :tongue:

(Original post by kat2pult)
    Well apart from the numbers it's quite plain, but if you like that, fair enough. It's too plain for the money. Personally, I find it a little boring, but if you like it then who cares what I think? Tis your watch.
    Yea you could say so i guess...But it's a nice to change from the cluttered 3 dial watch i have. Of course i care, i wouldn't have asked if i didn't want to know what everyone thinks :tongue:

ReputationRep:

Not everyone can afford a 5 grand watch.

ReputationRep:
    If I was offered it for free then I would accept it, however, I wouldn't purchase it.

ReputationRep:
    longines is an excellent watch brand, much more classic than tag heuer.

personally, i don't like the dial at all with the large numbers. if you like it, have it. if not, wait until you can get something you really love or your dad decides he's bored of a nice watch :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    longines is an excellent watch brand, much more classic than tag heuer.

personally, i don't like the dial at all with the large numbers. if you like it, have it. if not, wait until you can get something you really love or your dad decides he's bored of a nice watch :p:
    Thank you :tongue:!

At the moment he wants to buy an omega that i don't like so yea that's why i'm kinda jumping at the opportunity to get a new watch coz it'll probably be a really long time till he buys the Omega, sells it, then gets another one..Thing is, i can't seem to find a watch that i like anywhere..I think i'm really picky :tongue:.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else :grin:?

ReputationRep:
    I'd have that Longines over a Tag any day. Tag are very overrated as a brand, in my opinion. OP, it's a very classic watch, it's got a 1930's air to it, and if you like that kind of look, then that's fine. Longines are a well respected brand, and make some good, if slightly old fashioned watches.

Which Omega is your Dad going for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpont)
    I'd have that Longines over a Tag any day. Tag are very overrated as a brand, in my opinion. OP, it's a very classic watch, it's got a 1930's air to it, and if you like that kind of look, then that's fine. Longines are a well respected brand, and make some good, if slightly old fashioned watches.

Which Omega is your Dad going for?
    I'm glad you like it...I've warmed to it a bit more after looking at a few pictures. He's buying a Seamaster Aqua Terra:

EDIT: I've just read your blog (which is brilliant btw :excited:), i gather you like it then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you like it...I've warmed to it a bit more after looking at a few pictures. He's buying a Seamaster Aqua Terra:

EDIT: I've just read your blog (which is brilliant btw :excited:), i gather you like it then?

Thanks for the praise, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I like the new Aqua Terra, not the one you posted - as I mentioned, it had some fairly bad reliability problems. I've seen a few come in with timekeeping problems at the shop since I've worked there. But the new one looks to be a real corker, they use the same movement in it as the De Ville Hour Vision - they launched that last year, and you can see George Clooney wearing it in some of his Omega publicity photos.

I honestly think that the new Aqua Terra is the best all round watch in the Omega range, you really can't go wrong with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.