Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's quite plain and classy looking. It will match lots of things.

And its a nice make!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpont)
    Thanks for the praise, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I like the new Aqua Terra, not the one you posted - as I mentioned, it had some fairly bad reliability problems. I've seen a few come in with timekeeping problems at the shop since I've worked there. But the new one looks to be a real corker, they use the same movement in it as the De Ville Hour Vision - they launched that last year, and you can see George Clooney wearing it in some of his Omega publicity photos.

I honestly think that the new Aqua Terra is the best all round watch in the Omega range, you really can't go wrong with it.
    I'll try to convince him to buy the new one..He really has his mind set on this one though..He bought it off ebay then noticed that the blue was a bit brighter and when he took it to Omega, they said it was used and polished (it was supposed to be new)..Now he's sent to someone he knows in Dubai to get it for him..I don't think there's room for persuasion there :tongue:

What's the difference between the one i posted and the new one? I can't seem to spot it..

(Original post by Whizz)
    It's quite plain and classy looking. It will match lots of things.

And its a nice make!
    Call me vain but the logo's one of the main reasons why i want it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    I'll try to convince him to buy the new one..He really has his mind set on this one though..He bought it off ebay then noticed that the blue was a bit brighter and when he took it to Omega, they said it was used and polished (it was supposed to be new)..Now he's sent to someone he knows in Dubai to get it for him..I don't think there's room for persuasion there :tongue:
    Always a problem with Ebay, you're never quite sure what you're buying. A good AD or a grey dealer with a bricks and mortar store are always best for peace of mind. I have to admit, the blue dial is nice, and not something they have on the new model, but I'd prefer the build quality of the new one every day. I mean, in all likelihood, he won't have any problems at all with the old model, but I have noticed more problems with that version of the Co-Axial movement as opposed to later ones.

ReputationRep:
    Always a problem with Ebay, you're never quite sure what you're buying. A good AD or a grey dealer with a bricks and mortar store are always best for peace of mind. I have to admit, the blue dial is nice, and not something they have on the new model, but I'd prefer the build quality of the new one every day. I mean, in all likelihood, he won't have any problems at all with the old model, but I have noticed more problems with that version of the Co-Axial movement as opposed to later ones.
    That ruins it all :tongue: Him noticing it being a different shade of blue to the original really shows that he wants blue..badly :tongue:..Shame.

ReputationRep:
    That ruins it all :tongue: Him noticing it being a different shade of blue to the original really shows that he wants blue..badly :tongue:..Shame.

Hehe, indeed. The smoke grey dial they do on the new one is the sex though, I'd buy that in a heartbeat....

...if I had that kind of money

ReputationRep:
    That Omega is buff.

The Longines is nice too, as people have said - classic and it'll last (if you want it too obviously). In response to someone paying 5 grand for a watch each time, why not (as much as I like Tag's, I've got one, admittedly it's the basic model but it's a stepping stone at the moment) go for something a little more...well, better. Tags are good but personally I see them more of a mid-high range, rather than high (this probably sounds stupid mind...)

Despite the big brands of Rolex, Omega, Cartier etc there are watches out there which are a hell of a lot nicer and still have brilliant build quality and the likes.

Basically, go for the Longines, it's nice.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, indeed. The smoke grey dial they do on the new one is the sex though, I'd buy that in a heartbeat....

...if I had that kind of money
    Hahaha..some day

(Original post by Jimi Haze)
    That Omega is buff.

The Longines is nice too, as people have said - classic and it'll last (if you want it too obviously). In response to someone paying 5 grand for a watch each time, why not (as much as I like Tag's, I've got one, admittedly it's the basic model but it's a stepping stone at the moment) go for something a little more...well, better. Tags are good but personally I see them more of a mid-high range, rather than high (this probably sounds stupid mind...)

Despite the big brands of Rolex, Omega, Cartier etc there are watches out there which are a hell of a lot nicer and still have brilliant build quality and the likes.

Basically, go for the Longines, it's nice.
    I never said Tag we bad btw..I like some of the watches in the collection they're just waay to expensive for me to think about them..In fact, all respectable watches are, which is why i'm in this hand-me-down business :tongue:. It's good that the general consensus is "the Longines is good"

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha..some day
    Indeed. Problem is, I have my eye on a Rolex GMT IIc and an Omega Speedy Pro first, I could do with a lottery win : P

I never said Tag we bad btw..I like some of the watches in the collection they're just waay to expensive for me to think about them..In fact, all respectable watches are, which is why i'm in this hand-me-down business :tongue:. It's good that the general consensus is "the Longines is good"
    Definitely, Longines are brill for the money, the closest brand to them are Raymond Weil and maybe Oris - they all make nice watches.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.