Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to change what I have decided on for AS levels, I had a final interview where I was given a timetable and I gave them my contact and medical details, I feel it may be too late?

I don't want to do AS English Literature.

Perhaps, but you have to talk to your school about it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    No you should still be able to change as long as there aren't any clashes between subjects but that is more common at 6th forms than colleges.

ReputationRep:
    No, I sincerely doubt that. If you clearly indicate why you want to change, even in the most stringent of 6th forms, you should most likely be able to change.

ReputationRep:
    Should be i changed from physics to economics after the 1st lesson of physics. That subject scared me :O

ReputationRep:
    no i dont think so. normaly you goin for an induction where you sign your name to the subject u want to do. this is done after you get your results just in case maybe you need a A to do maths and you get an C then you can change

ReputationRep:
    Probably not too late, no... last year people were still playing around with options and choices at October half term in year 12. You'll just have to check with your school, explain your decision and they probably won't have a problem. Try not to worry, and get in contact

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the quick answers.
    I will just change on my first day.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the best people to ask are your school/college as they're the only ones who can say for sure. The sooner you tell them, the more likely they are to be able to accomodate you.

(I managed to change from History to FM on the day before LVI started :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    at my old 6th form you could do a subject for the first month and then change to another if you didnt like it and providing there was no subject clashes! so i wouldnt worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    my college lets you change it on enrollment day but it all depends on your college/6th form

ReputationRep:
    People at my sixth form were changing subjects months into the first year - obviously this varies from place to place, but there is definitely a possibility (speak to the head of sixth on the first day)

ReputationRep:
    My head of Sixth Form I have heard is a total arse.

ReputationRep:
    it'll be fine! so long as no clashes there'll be no problem
    i changed twice, from latin to eng lit at the start, then from eng lit to chem halfway through october

ReputationRep:
    very unlikely - I changed mine three weeks into the new year without any problems. However, let them know ASAP, when you have definitely made your mind up!

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure if you ask them it'll be alright.
    They can't make everybody stay on doing subjects they dislike a few weeks in.
    Maybe give it a chance though, see how it goes?

ReputationRep:
    we dont have to chose ours untill 3rd september

ReputationRep:
    No, when you start in sept you should be given the option to cross over to another subject that won't clash with your others. You should be fine. Why should your 6th form get in the way of...your life?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone.
    Hopefully I will change ASAP.

My 6th form doesn't even have a phone line or email address. lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you will be able to (99.99% probably) but your new option will have to fit in the timetable so check that.

Unless it is a very small school / college, there will be spare textbooks for all A-levels and you could always order anything you need yourself. I changed after 6 weeks and didn't have a problem, you'll be surprised how inefficient teaching in a class is, it took all of 4 hours to catch up a month and a half's work entirely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.