Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok basically me and my gf have been 2getha for the past 7-8 months now shes from london im from birmingham so its a LDR.
    basically the other day she started drinking randomly and she knows that i dont like it and well she got drunk 2 days in a row.

Im scared that she mite get drunk and do something with someone else while shes drunk ..

i dont know what to say too her because she might think im trying to control her life when all i want is the best for her..

any advice/ideas on what i should say to her and how

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    LDR?

Light Dependant Resistor?

ReputationRep:
    Long Distance Relationship!! lolz

ReputationRep:
    Long Distance Relationship :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Long distance Relationship ..

ReputationRep:
    Light Dependent Resistor

ReputationRep:
    Shes doing that to annoy you, ignore it

ReputationRep:
    Long Distance Relationship?

ReputationRep:
    You don't want what's best for her at all, you want what's best for you. You're the one who is scared. Do you not trust her? Are you just that insecure you'll stop her doing what she wants and chooses to do?

I'm guessing she's a student, and if you hadn't figured, most students drink. They think drinking will help them have a good time. You never know, she might be drowning her sorrows because she misses you.

To be honest, unless she has a problem and it's taking over her life, you can't really ask her to stop drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    You don't want what's best for her at all, you want what's best for you. You're the one who is scared. Do you not trust her? Are you just that insecure you'll stop her doing what she wants and chooses to do?

I'm guessing she's a student, and if you hadn't figured, most students drink. They think drinking will help them have a good time. You never know, she might be drowning her sorrows because she misses you.
    ofcourse i want whats best for her
    i just dont her to do things that shell regret.
    were both 18 and in college

(Original post by parpirate)
    To be honest, unless she has a problem and it's taking over her life, you can't really ask her to stop drinking.
    Drinking isnt the problem
    its the fear i have of her doing something with someone else

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell her what to do, you will just piss her off and make her want to do it more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mts786)
    ofcourse i want whats best for her
    i just dont her to do things that shell regret.
    were both 18 and in college
    It sounds like you're trying to be her parent. You need to let her make her own mistakes, it's how she'll learn from them.

You sound really controlling. Just let her be. End of.

ReputationRep:
    LDRs are hard and require alot of trust. You either have both or none I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're trying to be her parent. You need to let her make her own mistakes, it's how she'll learn from them.

You sound really controlling. Just let her be. End of.
    ok let me ask you this
    just say your BF went out with some m8s
    he got drunk and ended up having sex with some girl ...
    would you be ok with that ??

and its not like i told her not to drink at all ....

(Original post by voudreau)
    LDRs are hard and require alot of trust. You either have both or none I'm afraid.
    i do trust her
    but when you get drunk you lose control of ur senses thats what im afraid off ..

ReputationRep:
    Did you post this yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Did you post this yesterday?
    ummm nope just now

ReputationRep:
    ok let me ask you this
    just say your BF went out with some m8s
    he got drunk and ended up having sex with some girl ...
    would you be ok with that ??

and its not like i told her not to drink at all ....
    Getting drunk/drinking does not equal sex.

I don't see drunkenness as an excuse for cheating. Drunkenness just exposes what you would do if you had the guts. If she does cheat on you, she always had the intention of cheating on you, therefore it just depends how much you trust her and how strong you think your relationship is.

ReputationRep:
    Getting drunk/drinking does not equal sex.

I don't see drunkenness as an excuse for cheating. Drunkenness just exposes what you would do if you had the guts. If she does cheat on you, she always had the intention of cheating on you, therefore it just depends how much you trust her and how strong you think your relationship is.
    but i thought that when your drunk you dont necessarily know what your doing ...

its not that i dont trust her, i do ...

ReputationRep:
    but i thought that when your drunk you dont necessarily know what your doing ...

its not that i dont trust her, i do ...
    I still believe it exposes your innermost desires, thoughts and feelings.

Just let her get on with it until she actually does something wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.