Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So greasy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My face! Its so greasy im getting spots, im 22 and i don't want them. At the moment i use a facial scrubs once a day and baby wipes at night to get rid of make up. I only use a tinted moisturiser on the whole of my face (plus eye make up) and i have a fringe which i try and keep clean.

Is there ANYTHING else i can do to stop looking like ive been laminated at the end of the day?

ReputationRep:
    Haha "laminated", i get the same thing, and i do absolutely nothing but use tissues to wipe the oil off whenever i start looking like a "laminate" :tongue:..I'd love to know if there's a way to stop it as well

ReputationRep:
    I was told at a Clinique counter that make-up wipes aent enough to remove make-up. You need to cleanse aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I use baby wipes though as they are cheap, I also dont want to take advice from people who have to be orange to do their jobs

ReputationRep:
    One word: Clinique.
    If you cleanse to get rid of make up, tone, and moisturise it may help. I know how you feel though, because I get awful spots and even that doesn't help! I even use face masks twice a week and exfoliate three times a week, and use tea tree oil on the spots themselves. I'm hoping that as I'm only 18 I'll grow out of it soon...?
    Any of the above techniques may work for you, though - they did for almost all of my friends ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I use baby wipes though as they are cheap, I also dont want to take advice from people who have to be orange to do their jobs
    I'm sure the advice was followed up with a helpful suggestion along the lines of "oh and Clinique actually has a cleanser that would be perfect for you".

I'm scared by the womeon who work in the beauty department of my shop, especially the ones with acrylic talons :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Blotting paper?
    Maybe go for a facial and they will recommend stuff?
    Try tee tree oil as it dries out your skin
    Laminated :rofl: Reminds me of nana from the royale family

ReputationRep:
    My face! Its so greasy im getting spots, im 22 and i don't want them. At the moment i use a facial scrubs once a day and baby wipes at night to get rid of make up. I only use a tinted moisturiser on the whole of my face (plus eye make up) and i have a fringe which i try and keep clean.

Is there ANYTHING else i can do to stop looking like ive been laminated at the end of the day?
    wash your face...

it could be your diet as well

ReputationRep:
    They don't have to be orange and you would rather take advice from people who post on a student forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just-another-critic)
    They don't have to be orange and you would rather take advice from people who post on a student forum?
    I wouldn't take beauty advice from someone who chose to be orange :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I used to have such a greasy face 6 months ago. I've been taking homeopathic colloidal silver for the past 5 months. My face has cleared up so much its unbelievable. People say they can't even recognise me! Check my profile picture for proof
    =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I wouldn't take beauty advice from someone who chose to be orange :curious:
    Similarly, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Wipes don't take all the makeup off if u cleanse after you can see there is still alot on the cosmetic pad. I get loads of spots if i'm feeling lazy and just use a wipe at night Most cleansers should take the rest off it doesnt have to be an expensive one like clinique.

Facial scrubs gave me spots!!!! I thought the scrub would be good for my face, but nope got bad breakout until I ditched it and went ''Simple''. Haven't had a breakout since, just the odd one or two when its that time of the month.

Like the others have said - try using a cleanser - forget Clinique (that is paint stripper!), just something like Simple to use twice a day.

Hope that kinda helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    I used to have such a greasy face 6 months ago. I've been taking homeopathic colloidal silver for the past 5 months. My face has cleared up so much its unbelievable. People say they can't even recognise me! Check my profile picture for proof
    =]
    i srsly hope that how you looked BEFORE the homepathic stuff :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Tea tree works really well. I cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day, limiting facial scrubs to twice a week and that routine really helps my skin.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should use facial scrub everyday. Try cutting it down to a few times a week because as your exfoliating your skin may be overreacting and then producing more oil.

ReputationRep:
    Its been mentioned before but tea tree oil is fab!. I use superdrugs own Tea Tree cleanser and toner, its in a green bottle, twice a day and its brilliant. I used to get quite spotty ( yes even at my age) but thanks to this I am now spot free. Its around 3 quid a bottle but it lasts for quite a while. I can highly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Every day, twice: cleanser + toner + moisturiser.
    Scrub only twice a week.

Find good ones that agree with you and you will be amazed.

ReputationRep:
    Clean and clear moisturiser does wonders for me...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.