Turn on thread page Beta

The Most Popular Alcoholic Drink In The Uk watch

ReputationRep:
    it should be timothy taylors landlord if people were sensible

ReputationRep:
    Vodka and Blackcurrant, Vodka with lemonade and lime, Vodka and redbull, Jaegermeister and redbull, Jaegerbombs, Sambucca, Red Aftershock, Mickey Finn's, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Magners and Special Brew....those are a few of my favvvooourrite thinnngs!:musicus:

ReputationRep:
    Buckfast tonic wine :bong2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conorrr)
    you spelt wiskey and you didn't answer the question i'll stake my life budvar isn't the most popular alcoholic drink in the UK
    Firstly it's spelt whisky or whiskey(there is no right or wrong), secondly if you read the first line of my post, you'll clearly see what I'd be talking about, thirdly there isn't a "most popular alcoholic drink" as there are way too many different kinds of alcohols, in my opinion it's a tough one between Vodka and Beer. However there are many different types of beer and way too many brands to choose from.

The question really should've been what's the most popular beer in the UK as it'd be a lot easier to figure out.

ReputationRep:
    Although the most popular drink in the UK won't be that easy to determine, North Korea's favourite alcohol is in actual fact Hennessy(cognac)

"North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is known to have a penchant for Hennessy, reportedly being their number one customer over the past ten years."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennessy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's Carling or something.

For me it's Jack Daniels and coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScotlandStandUp)
    Although the most popular drink in the UK won't be that easy to determine, North Korea's favourite alcohol is in actual fact Hennessy(cognac)

"North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is known to have a penchant for Hennessy, reportedly being their number one customer over the past ten years."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennessy
    Did he take over from 2Pac?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    WKD blue.

tell me it doesn't smell like dog poo.
    Call me strange, but I haven't been sniffing any dog poo lately :P.

ReputationRep:
    My faves:

Vodka and orange juice - But I drink this so fast I get really drunk :nutcase:
    Gin and tonic - Slimline tonic if youi will :yep:
    Pinot grigio - Preferably Italian

But I also love budweiser, strongbow, jacques... the list can go on.

JD & Coke for me, maybe something like Koppanburg or however you spell it as well.

ReputationRep:
    For me:

Beer - Miller
    Cider - Bulmers
    Spirit - Southern Comfort

For the nation:

Beer - Carling
    Cider - Strongbow
    Spirit - Vodka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammydodger09)
    Call me strange, but I haven't been sniffing any dog poo lately :P.
    Get a dog, you'll see what I mean.

And I dunno for favourite beer, all the beer that I've been drinking for ages has been stella and Badger, and I like badger. Especially their seasonal one they took off the market, Stinger. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Carlsberg, Strongbow, Fosters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conorrr)
    you spelt wiskey and you didn't answer the question i'll stake my life budvar isn't the most popular alcoholic drink in the UK
    You spelt Whisky/Whiskey wrong.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people suggested vodka, I really hope it isn't, it may be popular amongst young people but I'd hope adults don't drink it too often.
    The problem with making a "most popular drink" list would be how to rank it, because sales alone only give one perspective, clearly the amount of lagers ordered on a night out is disproportionate to the amount of bottles of whisky someone might buy. I'd of thought the best way to order it would be to ask everyone what their favourite is, but that's basically impossible.
    I'd expect it to be one of the standard lagers I guess, from my limited experience men tend to stick to similar drinks in general throughout life (lagers being the most typical), whereas women have more assorted drinks alongside a lot of wine, though my analysis of this is mostly based off my family so I could be way off!
    I haven't really got a personal favourite drink, although at my local pub I almost always drink a bitter called "Flower's Best Bitter" since it's only £1.95, and doesn't taste that bad (I prefer it to lagers now anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Kopparberg or a Vodka Redbull for meh :o:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon for lagers it would be Kronenberg or Stella... horrible alcopops would be WKD... and then cider would be Strongbow, Magners or Bullmers (But it's all made by the same co. anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScotlandStandUp)
    My favourites:

Beer

-Budvar
    -Stella
    -Carling
    -Guinness
    -Carlsberg

Vodka - straight

-Zubrowska :dance:
    -Grey Goose
    -Absolut

Whiskey - either straight or with water

-J&B
    -Famous Grouse
    -Johnnie Walker
    -Glenfiddich
    -Macallan
    -Jameson
    -Jack Daniel's
    Good choice of whisky. I recommend a Benromach.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.