Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else can't be bothered to have fun? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I see people talking about drinking, sex and general thrilling events but I can't ever really be bothered to do it all.

Drinking seems like a lot of money for temporary charm.

Sex has heaps of pressure of being good and all the stuff before where you have to trick the girl into thinking it's a good idea to sleep with you.

Exciting events take a lot of effort and I often tend to fall over on these occasions because I have poor balance and people will inevitably catch it on camera.

Anyone else find just reading, watching films and listening to music a fulfilling yet unexciting life to take part in? No one makes fun of my James Dean impressions when I'm by myself, it's a simple life.

Anyone else down wit dis ****?

ReputationRep:
    If that's what makes you happy, just go with with it. You don't have to conform to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    i agree about getting drunk because it doesnt last long and the effects of it will be horrible pictures of yourself on facebook the next day.

But events are really is fun. Yeah watching films is fun and wont cost a lot especially if you watch with other people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cam28)
    i agree about getting drunk because it doesnt last long and the effects of it will be horrible pictures of yourself on facebook the next day.

But events are really is fun. Yeah watching films is fun and wont cost a lot especially if you watch with other people
    Or download them illegally. That's right, I break the law! I'm more thrilling than I led on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I like it both ways. The drunkenness is actually a lot of fun, you meet lots of people, dance a lot and just generally have a good time. But I also like to chill at home and read, watch films, have dinner and drinks with my closest friends...can't understand your attitude to sex at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Or download them illegally. That's right, I break the law! I'm more thrilling than I led on.
    lol, if the same goes for music then I maybe more thrilling than you?

ReputationRep:
    sex is fun.

it doesn't take THAT much effort....god that makes me sound slutty....what I mean is I'm in a long term committed relationship so bonking comes naturally.

But yes I do prefer a good book/film/cup of tea to getting "********" - however, having said that I do love to dance in clubs ...but I also love to dance in my living room at 3am in the morning for no other reason than I feel like it.

ReputationRep:
    You can find them online without downloading them too; that is, if ou don't mind the chinese subtitles.

I think OP sounds cool.
    I use the word cool loosely, I mean... I mean something good, I promise.

ReputationRep:
    you have to trick the girl into thinking it's a good idea to sleep with you.
    lol you make it sound like you're hunting them!

Oh man, you associate 'fun' things with such hedonistic activities.

I don't drink, or have sex, yet I have loads of fun when I go out. Laughing with my friends is much more important. However, if you prefer to stay in and watch a film there is nothing wrong with that. I do think that you should try and experience a 'night out' though, even if you don't drink. Y'know, just so you experience both.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was having more fun

ReputationRep:
    u need a change of scenary man, change the things in ur room around abit and switch the depressing songs on ur ipod for some salsa music

ReputationRep:
    I keep thinking that I really ought to be making the most of my youth and getting out there and having some fun, but when it comes down to it...I just can't be bothered. But then I am lazier and more apathetic than most - I've got a stack of DVD's that have never been watched because I can't be bothered to plug in the dvd player and then commit myself to a plotline. I am that lazy.
    Everything just seems blah these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    I wish I was having more fun
    Same :sad:

I know I post a lot of (awful) witty and funny posts, and some decent advice too, but secretly I'm pretty miserable at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)

I know I post a lot of (awful) witty and funny posts, and some decent advice too, but secretly I'm pretty miserable at the moment
    Same pretty much. :sad:

ReputationRep:

Serious? Go out and have some fun!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karunesh)
    u need a change of scenary man, change the things in ur room around abit and switch the depressing songs on ur ipod for some salsa music
    I like to sort my CDs in different orders.

Plus I listen to musicals and other stuff that threatens my heterosexuality. I'm by no means a depressive, I just can't be bothered to have fun that requires something from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloud Shine)
    Serious? Go out and have some fun!! :yes:
    Going out and getting hammered each week? Or going clubbing?

Not my style...I prefer something that gives you a sustainable amount of fun, not like with drinking where you have a massive high and lots of fun, then feel out of it the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Going out and getting hammered each week? Or going clubbing?

Not my style...I prefer something that gives you a sustainable amount of fun, not like with drinking where you have a massive high and lots of fun, then feel out of it the next day.
    Just because you drink, doesn't mean you need to get hammered and feel it the next day. Besides, by 'go out' I didn't necessarily mean go drinking...the most fun I have is often sober ie., on holiday, with my family, with my friends, at theme parks, at my favourite museums, shopping, at the cinema, out for a lunch or coffee, etc etc etc. If you're not having fun then get out and do something.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I love that you consider yourself to be "tricking" girls into sleeping with you...kinda implies that doing so is always a bad idea lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2015
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.