The Student Room Group

I want to go into acting.....What should i do?

Ok so i want to go into acting.....Might sound stupid....Might sound dumb but i think i want to do it.......

Well im currently sitting my GCSES in year 10.....year 11 next year will have my GCSES and im thinking about going into acting.....People say im a good actor....Got an A star for drama piece of cwk in english...

Theres only 1 sort of problem.... I never chose drama for gcses...

Is there any other way?

Please let me know
Thanx

Scroll to see replies

Have you thought about acting/drama schools?
Reply 2
just-another-critic
Have you thought about acting/drama schools?

Not really...tbh its something ive just thought about a few months ago....As in its something ive thought about doing but not seriously....I would like to know what the process is..

eg to become a doctor you need to

Get good grades at GCSE....Get good gardes at A level...Do a 5 year medicine degree and there you are a doctor how about for acting?
I have no idea. Post in the relevant section of the forum or use a search engine. I'd recommend Google.
I think you can do Drama or Acting degrees, however if you're into the whole performing side, I suggest (as mentioned) Acting/Drama school.

It's a lot better, and you'll have more of a chance to perform and perhaps get noticed to move onto bigger things!

I think most of the famous actors etc chose the drama school route, and didn't do a degree.
up until 18 you go to a stage school, from 18+ you go to a drama school
for those drama schools you apply to via UCAS, you need the relavant grades e.g. I needed BB fior my course.
for those not using UCAS you need no grades.

but you need a LOT of experience and LOT of talent. oh and money- auditions cost about £40 each.

if you are not trolling and are serious, then you might want to check out the 22 drama schools making up the NCDT. these are the ones most likely to get you an agent upon graduation and showcase.
WhereIsMyMind
I think you can do Drama or Acting degrees, however if you're into the whole performing side, I suggest (as mentioned) Acting/Drama school.

It's a lot better, and you'll have more of a chance to perform and perhaps get noticed to move onto bigger things!

I think most of the famous actors etc chose the drama school route, and didn't do a degree.

but the courses are degrees :wink:
tune

Theres only 1 sort of problem.... I never chose drama for gcses...

Is there any other way?

Please let me know
Thanx

No sorry, you need the drama GCSE to become an actor.

You are either going to have to think of another profession or retake your GCSEs and this time chose drama.
francescarella
but the courses are degrees :wink:

I didn't know that :o:. A friend of mine goes to a drama school and is doing a course of some sort! I didn't know it was a degree?!
Easywellyes

You are either going to have to think of another profession or retake your GCSEs and this time chose drama.

Are you being serious? I know two people that enrolled in an acting school without a GCSE in Drama?
WhereIsMyMind
Are you being serious? I know two people that enrolled in an acting school without a GCSE in Drama?

No. Look at his/her reputation.
Easywellyes

lulz.
WhereIsMyMind
I didn't know that :o:. A friend of mine goes to a drama school and is doing a course of some sort! I didn't know it was a degree?!

yeh you can do the full 3 year BA hons or you can do 1/2 year diplomas :smile:
francescarella

Do you have a stage name?
just-another-critic
Do you have a stage name?

yes.
why?
francescarella

Ooh! That's the one! I think they're doing the Diplomas! God. Some friend I am, I guess I should take more of an interest :o:

Thanks for that! I've learnt something :smile:
francescarella
yes.
why?

I'm just curious. :smile:
Reply 17
I'm pretty sure if an acting school/production/audition is faced with a person with a lot of talent but no formal qualifications and a person with less talent and the drama GCSE/A-Level they will choose the former.

Doing an acting course doesn't necessarily guarantee you will be a great actor!
just-another-critic
I'm just curious. :smile:

no problem:smile:

i even have my own merchandise :ninja:
francescarella
no problem:smile:

i even have my own merchandise :ninja:

Ah, that's great! :smile: