Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by just-another-critic)
    Ah, that's great!
    thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    you don't need GCSE's to go to drama school, schools like RADA, Guildhall, LAMDA..Don't care about what grades you have you could be a hobo on the street, they just care about - talent.

however schools like central, rose bruford ask for A Levels and GCSE's but I'm 100% sure they make some exceptions for a fact and also stuff like BTEC's etc.

Here's something copied from the central website.
    Minimum entry requirements are 2 Cs at A Level, minimum of 3 Cs at GCSE and selection by audition. ‘Normal’ offers may be higher than this and depend upon expected grades and audition performance.

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking about it btw...Not 100% but if i do decide to do it where should i go from here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just-another-critic)
    No. Look at his/her reputation.
    your username appears to be wrong. it says critic instead of idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Are you being serious? I know two people that enrolled in an acting school without a GCSE in Drama?
    Name me one Hollywood star that doesn't have a GCSE in Drama.

(Original post by tune)
    Im thinking about it btw...Not 100% but if i do decide to do it where should i go from here?
    You should find your nearest colleges/schools. Compare the courses etc, and I would highly reccomend you attend their opening events! It'll be the best opportunity you'll have to ask any questions relating to entry into acting etc.

If you aren't sure on your path, try Connexions. They'll be able to advise you in the best route to take.

(Original post by Easywellyes)
    I'm pretty certain that Keira Knightley doesn't have a GCSE in Drama. In fact, she starred in Bend it Like Beckham without even having any GCSEs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Easywellyes)
    you're such a cretin :rofl2:

what about hollywood stars that didnt study in the UK for GCSEs
    what about hollywood stars that didnt even live in the time when GCSEs were the exmainations?

most people dont know at the age of 13/14 that they want to go to drama school so probably never picked it for GCSE

tit.

You can take a-level drama without having done any drama previously... I did.

then again I was a production candidate and used a-level drama in my gap year to earn a few extra ucas points. it did involve a bit of acting, but they allowed me on the course and I ended up getting an A for a-level drama having never done anything before.

I think if you are serious enough about acting you'll get involved in school productions and plays, maybe even a local amateur dramatics group?

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking about it...Keeping my options open was just wondering what you got to do...Thanx for all your help

ReputationRep:
    You have a dream :moon:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=WhereIsMyMind]Are you being serious? I know two people that enrolled in an acting school without a GCSE in Drama?[/QUOT

Your right, in some sixth forms u only need a gcse in english to apply for drama/thearter arts.

Then build your way up from there i.e. drama school, university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.