Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im 17, lonely, and I want a girlfriend :( Watch

Ive had a few girlfriends in the past, but theyve all messed me around and gone out with me for all the wrong reasons ive found it.

I know its sort of brash to say this in the same post as well but, i really dont want to be 18 and still a virgin, and i havnt got long left :/

ReputationRep:
    Is not important your 17 you need to chill. Dont fixate about that or it will bust your balls, go with the flow.

ReputationRep:
    whats your number?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what age you lose your virginity and no girl is going to care if you have or havent... You will meet someone just don't let the idea of getting a girlfriend take over you life, as the poster above said "go with the flow".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive had a few girlfriends in the past, but theyve all messed me around and gone out with me for all the wrong reasons ive found it.

I know its sort of brash to say this in the same post as well but, i really dont want to be 18 and still a virgin, and i havnt got long left :/
    So what do you want to exactly want advice on?
    This is not the dating / f*** me section

ReputationRep:
    i don't understand whats so special about love or w/e. i mean u got ur friends right?? they will probably understand than any girl. i also advise u not to rush into losing your virginity to someone you might break up with eventually.

all i am saying is that losing your virginity before 18 doesn't make u any different.. its not a trophy :cool:
    like the first poster said "go with the flow"

ReputationRep:

left till what? :confused:

do you have any close friends you can just hang with?

ReputationRep:
    Stop sobbing, get out more and get one then.

ReputationRep:

Do you want advice on how to get a girlfriend? Well, that's simple: BE YOURSELF! It'll come when it'll come Just be patient, you never know when you meet a nice girl

I sadly joined that club a few months ago I only feel sad because I feel left out when my mates talk about what them and their bfs get upto! lol

People say it's nothing to be ashamed of, and it isn't, but it still makes you feel like crap. Don't beat yourself up, there will be someone

ReputationRep:
    There's more important things in life then getting laid. Getting good grades, having a decent job, good health, good friends - all of those things can make you happy. Your first time isn't something you want to rush into, it should be special, afterall it's called "love making" for a reason.

Stop sobbing about it, enjoy life for what it's worth and you'll notice how girls just fall in line to be with you. Remember, intimacy = into-me-I-see. Unless you love yourself, you cannot love others, and be loved by others.

PS: I just had to quote the Love Guru... Couldn't resist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inebriatedgoldfish)
    It doesn't matter what age you lose your virginity and no girl is going to care if you have or havent... You will meet someone just don't let the idea of getting a girlfriend take over you life, as the poster above said "go with the flow".
    (Original post by TomatoKetchup)
    Do you want advice on how to get a girlfriend? Well, that's simple: BE YOURSELF. No girl will care if you're 30 and a virgin to be honest, so be cool. It'll come when it'll come Just be patient, you never know when you meet a nice girl

X WRONG... This will actually make a huge difference to some girls, say you get to Uni & in freshers week you want to sleep with some girl, if you tell her its your 1st time she may walk away & tell you to save it for someone "special", well there walks someone you could of had sex with because you're a virgin & she just wanted to have some fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomatoKetchup)
    No girl will care if you're 30 and a virgin to be honest, so be cool.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You're 16........how the **** can you make such a statement with ANY authority?
    Any guy who is a virgin at that age is gonna be seen as inferior and as a loser by the VAST majority of women (or more specifically, the women that HE wants)

OP: I think your thread title meant to say "I'm 17, horny and want sex. If the girl sticks around after and makes good conversation then it's a bonus!"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)

X WRONG... This will actually make a huge difference to some girls, say you get to Uni & in freshers week you want to sleep with some girl, if you tell her its your 1st time she may walk away & tell you to save it for someone "special", well there walks someone you could of had sex with because you're a virgin & she just wanted to have some fun.
    At 18/19 it's not very likely but there is a world of difference between an 18 year old male virgin and a 30 year old one.

LOl, forget getting a girlfriend. I've come to the conclusion that until I find a really amazing girl, friends with benefits are the way to go. OP, get lots of female friends. Have about a group of 10-12 hotties that you have completely platonic relationships with (i.e. be the gay best friend). Take those girls out, and make friends with other girls, except flirt with these ones. And any girl who you pull etc. warn her that you aren't looking for a relationship. And you'll do just fine.

Anon cause I wanna see who can guess who I am.

ReputationRep:

Well, yes, but I was sorta speaking generally. Sure there'll be some people who will think you're a bit weird for being a virgin in Uni but most would just accept it, for many girls it doesn't matter if you are a virgin or not That's all.

As for my opinion, virgins shouldn't rush into having sex, just because you feel like you'll be weird in situations like fresher's week. It will just take time, and you have to find someone that you want to have a relationship with. I'm not saying abstain from sex until marriage, but there'll be special relationships in everyone's lifetime It's just a waiting game

ReputationRep:
    ever seen the movie the 40 year old virgin? it doesnt matter when it happens, cause noone will care!

ReputationRep:
    Er, OK. I'm sorry about that. I took it out because I know what a mistake I made by putting that, not to please everyone. I am only 16 and putting that is completely foolish of me, having no experience of being a 30-year-old virgin. I'm quite embarassed now. I hope you lot can accept my apology

ReputationRep:

In general lol. Plus hes looking for a girlfriend (at least thats what he says) so hes looking for a relationship not casual sex, so what you said doesn't apply lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.