Turn on thread page Beta

I can't sleep as my throat hurts so much. watch

ReputationRep:
    My throat is hurting so much that I can't sleep.

I thought it was just a normal sore throat but I've never experienced anything like this.

The only things I have had is some sort of soothing throat stuff, and paracetamol, neither have done much.

ReputationRep:
    All that **** sucking, you really should cut down/stop.

Depending where the pain is coming from is a big factor. Could be an infection of some sort.

Or maybe swine flu lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    All that **** sucking, you really should cut down/stop.

Depending where the pain is coming from is a big factor. Could be an infection of some sort.

Or maybe swine flu lol.
    Damn, beat me to it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milan5baros)
    My throat is hurting so much that I can't sleep.

I thought it was just a normal sore throat but I've never experienced anything like this.

The only things I have had is some sort of soothing throat stuff, and paracetamol, neither have done much.
    Very possibly swine flu. I wouldn't worry too much though as the mortality rates are still fairly low.

ReputationRep:
    Could be tonitillus, well my mate got that sort thing too... could be time to recover... why for anti-biotics from the doctor?

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same

I feel sorry for you OP.

Go to the doctor and get some antibiotics

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I had swine flu and a sore throat is normally the first symptom, which I also had.

Take over the counter painkillers and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Swine flu! *Backs away*

Seriously, I know it's horrible, I've been there where it's so bad and nothing gets rid of it Mine turned out to be a spot on my tonsil. Didn't even know you could get them there! lol. Best bet for you would be to see the doc in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    I'm exactly the same

I feel sorry for you OP.

Go to the doctor and get some antibiotics

yep thanks everyone. It was tonsillitis, the doctor has given me antibiotics that I have to take four times a day.

He has also said it could be a sign of glandular fever:eek:

oh well, hope I can sleep tonight.

oh my, it's raining, again.

ReputationRep:
    If it's still sore get some ultra chloraseptic spray (think that's the name!) It's an anaesthetic you spray on your tonsils. Saves me every time

ReputationRep:
    i'm on the strepsils and paracetamol. i'm recovering from swine flu though... but this throat is the most painful sore throat i've ever had!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.