Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[Tomorrow] Ways to tell my parents... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    that I've dropped out of university without them removing my head from my shoulders.

COME ON TSR, BRAINSTORM WITH ME.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them the truth..............with a baseball bat in your hands!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a good reason?

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you can either make 15,000 pounds or more by getting a job OR you can build up debt of 15,000 pounds or more by staying in uni. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    Do you have a good reason?
    It was making me utterly miserable. But they're gonna go APE at how much they spent. I'm going back next year (2010).

ReputationRep:
    this line worked for my mum:

"i hated the course, i was miserable and depressed and if you think about it, im going to be graduating 1 year later, and hopefully in that 1 extra year the effects of the recession wont be as big so ill be more likely to get a job".

worked on her

ReputationRep:
    From a, preferably large, distance?

ReputationRep:
    Well my sister dropped out just after second year and they pretty much kicked her out; she had to live with her boyfriend. Although she dropped out after second, I'm after first, and she knew she was never going back, I'm going back next year. Hopefully they won't be too mad. TOO being the main word.

ReputationRep:
    If it was making you miserable then surely your parents knowing that you are happy is worth more than any amount of money spent. After all why carry on with something miserable that could stay with you for a lifetime if you carry it on into a job etc when you know that you had the chance to change and do what you feel best doing. They'll understand when they put it in perspective.

ReputationRep:
    I hated my course so I dropped out, dw though, I'm re-applying next year for ....

ReputationRep:
    You can earn £30k or more doing clinical trials.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    You can earn £30k or more doing clinical trials.
    Full time, or is it only part time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Full time, or is it only part time?
    That would require full time, but make no mistake, you can make thousands with ease ontop of your daily life. Pop a pill for a month and get 2 g's for nothing.

Easy money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    It was making me utterly miserable. But they're gonna go APE at how much they spent. I'm going back next year (2010).
    Why did it make you so miserable, if you don't mind me asking.

You going to go back for a different course and/or uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Well my sister dropped out just after second year
    So you come from a long line of quitters.

ReputationRep:
    It's all in the presentation. Don't use phrases like "dropped out". You've deferred your exams for a year so you can earn some money and return refreshed to your course ready to score a better degree than you would have if you'd just ploughed on. Mmmkay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    That would require full time, but make no mistake, you can make thousands with ease ontop of your daily life. Pop a pill for a month and get 2 g's for nothing.

Easy money.
    yeah I've heard, it sounds good, as long as you're not dealing with dodgy totally new medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a student loan? I think they cover an extra year of study if you need it... since it's quite common for people to drop out if they're miserable, or don't like the course.

I think they might just get annoyed because you didn't express your doubts to them first, but if you were truly unhappy...

ReputationRep:
    Just text them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.