Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Been having my hair dyed blonde for the last year but its getting so dry despite the various serums and special 'blonde' shampoo and conditioners I buy, can anyone recommend any spectacular products for your blonde hair?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Natural products tend to work best.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have dyed blonde hair, but the best intensive conditioner I've ever tried is Philip Kingsley's Elasticiser. It's good for all hair types, and I have friends with bleached hair that love it.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that the John Frieda colour range is good - I've tried John Frieda's Luminous Colour Glaze and it's really good, doesn't feel like it's conditioning at all but my hair was soooo soft after and a lot shinier and blonder after a few uses.
    The best intensive conditioner I've tried is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. You also get an Aussie intensive conditioner for coloured hair but I find the 3 Minute Miracle to be better.

ReputationRep:
    John Freida Sheer Blonde is expensive, but really good. Try the little serum stuff, the actual shampoo and conditioner is really nice too but it's not that affordable to use all the time.

ReputationRep:
    there's a hair mask from Lush that my friend swears by, think it's called marilyn? just use any hair treatment for dry/damaged/coloured hair, it'll sort your hair right out!

ReputationRep:
    I like Aussie, or Dumb Blonde Shampoos and conditioners. Expensive, but a little goes a long way.

If it's really really dry you can comb almond or olive oil through it, wrap it in a towel to get it warm and leave for an hr or more. Then just wash it out. Apparently it should be wrapped in cling film then the towel, but I can't be faffed on with it. Just make sure it's an oldish towel, not the best new ones.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's the colour that is the problem.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.