How do I make myself look older? Watch

gee_shakedown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm 18 years old, but I can't help but think I look about 15/16. I'm pretty short, 5'3 and about a size 6/8 and a bit of a boyish figure, with no boobs to speak of
Whenever I go out clubbing or just out I always feel really self concious and young compared to all the girls with their tans and huge heels and boobs.
It doesn't help that I'm really pale either, but I look terrible with fake tan on. How I dress probably doesn't aid it either.
Anyway, here's a few pictures, suggestions would be so helpful.

(one with the red hair)

I don't think the pictures are working, but there's one of my on my profile too.
jgreig
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Have you got a fringe?

If so, getting rid of that will instantly add a couple of years.
missaphrodite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hehe I have those exact shoes in the profile pic right here next to me xD

In other news, I'm basically 3 inches shorter than you and wearing braces at the moment! I also feel horrible in clubs and the like because everyone's in heels but I'm still visibly MUCH shorter than the others :o:
I don't really know what to suggest, but I think being petite is really cute on a girl anyway maybe experiment with different make up styles, darker clothes and even higher heels?
staygoldd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Agreed with the fringe, I got one recently and I look 20-odd now.
Basically more subtle make-up (not that I'm one to talk), good poise and dark colours.
abrp
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gee_shakedown)
I'm 18 years old, but I can't help but think I look about 15/16. I'm pretty short, 5'3 and about a size 6/8 and a bit of a boyish figure, with no boobs to speak of
Whenever I go out clubbing or just out I always feel really self concious and young compared to all the girls with their tans and huge heels and boobs.
It doesn't help that I'm really pale either, but I look terrible with fake tan on. How I dress probably doesn't aid it either.

(one with the red hair)

I don't think the pictures are working, but there's one of my on my profile too.
cant offer much advice but personally i think you look quite lovely, proving me v.wrong about the lack of attractive red heads :p: wouldn't say you look like your 15/16 either tbh
Reaver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you look fine as you are.

Also, pale suits you. Red hair + pale skin = :coma:
FstandsforFina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

(one with the red hair)

I'm 16 and around your height. I look my age when I'm wearing the jeans, t-shirt and sneakers combination but when I party, I wear more eye make-up, a dress which accentuates the torso and heels and I can easily pass for a 20-year old. If I'm out to purchase alcohol, I just wear heeled boots, and labels (because older people tend to be more financially stable and well-dressed).
FstandsforFina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BTW, I can't view your pictures so I can't really tell you exactly what to do. But I do hope my post helped!
londonboym
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Start rockin' a monocle!

pitchayak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you're pretty, what are you complaining about? pale skin is fine, and tanned + red hair doesnt look good. i agree with the fringe. just add more makeup, especially eye makeup - fringes bring out yoru eyes anyway - and if you dont have boobs wear a looser top with a tight bottom? and higher, higher heels
Floofy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Get a tan. That ages the hell outta a girl skin.
john.miguel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Floofy)
Get a tan. That ages the hell outta a girl skin.
I wouldn't do this, you look good as it is.

I'd say you look about 17. Also you remind me of those twins in Skins :p:
Maximum Velocity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You look pretty as you are , don't change .
Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't see the pics myself
Tom.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

(one with the red hair)

Be happy with the way you are. You don't look that young at all and 5 foot 3 is the 'perfect' height for a woman :P and if i saw you in a club i would definitely say hi :cool:

Also you didn't pm me back :P

Also why the hell am i on tsr at 7:40 am hungover??
roxie4ever57
Report 9 years ago
you look great don't worry. I'm in the same position as you, I'm 20 but often get asked for my ID card
Tom.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by roxie4ever57)
you look great don't worry. I'm in the same position as you, I'm 20 but often get asked for my ID card
Me too
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tom.)
Be happy with the way you are. You don't look that young at all and 5 foot 3 is the 'perfect' height for a woman :P and if i saw you in a club i would definitely say hi :cool:

Also you didn't pm me back :P

Also why the hell am i on tsr at 7:40 am hungover??
I don't think you could be any more of a ******.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
gee_shakedown i just sent u a pm reply 2 me hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Tom.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 3105)
I don't think you could be any more of a ******.
I reckon i could but i'm gradually getting less inebriated.

I don't understand why you care so much though...
Last edited by Tom.; 9 years ago
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (231)
91.67%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (21)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed