Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I make myself look older? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I reckon i could but i'm gradually getting less inebriated.

I don't understand why you care so much though...
    **** off and die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    **** off and die.
    Oh you :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I reckon i could but i'm gradually getting less inebriated.

I don't understand why you care so much though...
    Because you're a moronic, self-centred piece of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Woop, someone thinks they knows me.
    Oh, I'm sorry, did I misjudge the man with 25 posts a day, pictures of himself in his profile and who sends oodles of unsolicited PMs to any girl he can find?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkbar)
    Oh, I'm sorry, did I misjudge the man with 25 posts a day, pictures of himself in his profile and who sends oodles of unsolicited PMs to any girl he can find?
    I like you.

gna pm u xx

ReputationRep:
    you don't look that young in the face, but i don't think the heavy eye liner does you any favours. could just be the picture/day but it looks kind of bulky and juvenile. see angelina jolie/iladora danon's profile picture for that sort of eye make up done neater and more sophisticated looking :p:
    animal print/soft unstructured flats strike me as the sort of thing you see 14/15 year old girls walking around in- even just a ballet flat with a solid sole looks better. i remember you posted a link to a topshop dress you had, which was covered in like graphic print? the shape and print of that is so 16/17 year old girl imo. you'd look older if you wore slightly classier, simpler clothes with less print and colour going on.

i don't understand why people aspire to be tanned. i'm pale as hell and i love it, and it definitely suits you(is your natural hair dark brown? am just guessing from what i think are roots. your natural hair colour would make you look older). also lovinnn' the lack of skin damage compared to those who like to frazzle in the sun or on a bed loads.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! I'm 20 and I recently went on a work placement in a law firm and the partner said to me, "so which school do you go too?" I had to explain that I'm acually at university... he later confessed that he thought I looked 14. Now that's embarassing! I don't think I actually look 14... more 17/18 but eck, who knows.

A lot of my friends look a lot older than me so I think I usually get away with it when we're going out.. but honestly there is nothing you can do. I don't wear heavy make-up and have no fringe, but somehow I still look young. You will be glad when you get older! Everyone else will look like a hag and you'll look like you've just hit your 30s

Edit: If you do want to look "older" - wear a tightish plain black dress on nights out and killer heels. As you get older, you tend to go simpler. Less makeup, less outrageous clothes and prints! Oh and perhaps don't do the flick at the bottom of your eyeliner - that's quite a secondary school thing.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks for the advice/opinions everyone.
    I guess I've got myself stuck into a looks rut, I've been doing my eyeliner like that since I was about 15, it just comes naturally I guess.
    My hair is naturally a very dark brown, almost black, but it makes me look a little too washed out seeing as I'm so pale.

To the person who asked about the dress, yeh (below) maybe it's not the right kind of thing to wear...

Okay, so if you were going to give me a makeover, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    cant offer much advice but personally i think you look quite lovely, proving me v.wrong about the lack of attractive red heads :p: wouldn't say you look like your 15/16 either tbh

ReputationRep:
    im in the same position as yooh..
    im 17 tho and jus abou 5"3

personally i think you're really pretty and have nothing to worry about
    all id say is jus wear heels (when yooh can) and have simple eye make-up not too much liquid, save it for the nites out!!
    and if yooh hv confidence, not arrogance, when you're out it will show that you're mature and ppl wnt notice that you're (we!!) are slightly smaller than others!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you look really young. You seem to have quite an "edgy" look, with the pale skin and red hair. Which I think is much more attractive than the caked in make-up, orange tan, glitzed up girls! I'm sure many guys would agree with me too. Wear a bit more eye make-up when you're going out (I wear like a black/dark grey eyeshadow and really line my lashes quite heavily with black eyeliner, although just go with whatever you think! Approach coloured eyeshadow with care though, it has the potential to make you look like a ten year old raiding your mother's make up!). OR, a really bold lipstick colour really makes you look older. I have a quite deep red colour that I like. Just be careful if you combine the heavy eye makeup and bright lip colour, the idea is to look older, not like a drag queen. Heels will also help, although personally I'd say they're far too much effort! Anyway, try not to worry much, because I think you look very attractive and don't look really young for your age

ReputationRep:
    False Mustache?!

ReputationRep:
    Wait a few years, should do the trick - no need to thank me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say fake moustache but I'm not sure if it would work for a girl.

Edit: Damn, that mofo was first.

(Original post by SuperAllano)
    False Mustache?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    I'd say fake moustache but I'm not sure if it would work for a girl.

Edit: Damn, that mofo was first.
    there wasn't even time to check the thread to see if that gag had already been pulled! I just had to go into it all guns blazing and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: I always think my friends look older if they have had a hair cut if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    I think you look fine as you are.

Also, pale suits you. Red hair + pale skin = :coma:
    what is that smiley supposed to be? it looks like throwing up smiley?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    what is that smiley supposed to be? it looks like throwing up smiley?!
    It's coma, and it looks like it's drooling imo.

ReputationRep:
    You don't look young to me at all, you easily look your age. Maybe its just the picture though?

But about being short/having a boyish figure, I'm 5'7/5'8 (almost 6' in heels), I've got big boobs and hips, and I still get mistaken for a 17/18 year old (I'm 22). I even got given a childs ticket on the bus the other day Plus I wear make-up every day, which clearly makes no difference. So my point is, theres nothing you can really do to look older, so don't bother trying to change yourself for that purpose, because it won't work.

I guess probably the only way to make people think you're older is to have more self confidence and to act more maturely, thats about it. And you're only 18 anyway so don't worry about it too much. Its when you get to my age that it starts to get really annoying!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.