Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I just heard back from U of Edinburgh Postgrad Accommodations and they have put me in the ugliest building in all of (beautiful) Edinburgh.


    I have heard about gumtree.com, but was wondering if anyone might suggest other reliable websites/agencies (that they've had good experiences with) that might help me go about finding private accommodation.

    I really have no desire to move thousands of miles and pay thousands of pounds to live in a building that was built in 2006 in historic Edinburgh. Kind of a massive, MASSIVE let down.

    Any one have any suggestions? Have to let them know within six days if I want a place in their ugly building. :woo:

    Much indebted.

    Just because Edinburgh is historical doesnt mean everything is historic.
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    It doesn't look that bad.
    Other accommodation websites are www.rightmove.co.uk and www.primelocation.co.uk. Not all agents accept students though.
    The university will also have a list of private accommodation available.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.