Turn on thread page Beta

One of my mates keeps trying to get with every single girl I date/mention I like etc.

We're good friends, not particularly close, but we get along well. But it's something I've noticed, i disregarded it until a few days ago when i found out that he's been going around telling everyone he likes one particular girl. I told him i liked her a couple of days before :s, and one of my other mates mentioned that he seems to go for all the girls i like. Plus, he tends to get the girl lol, he's taller and better looking than me (although not in as good shape ), and has a more active social life due to my uber strict parents.

It's creeping me out a bit, and really irritating, and I don't particularly know what to do. I don't want to say anything becuase i'll sound like a paranoid retard.

ReputationRep:
    don't tell him who you like, simple.

(Original post by nordam)
    don't tell him who you like, simple.
    except that he's tried it with a girl i've simply flirted with/ obviously liked before, and with 2 girls that i unsuccessfully asked out. This is the first time i've actually said to him "i like so and so"

ReputationRep:
    seems like a ****. when friends tell me that they like a girl i would try to help them in any way i could and not go for her myself (luckily me and my close friends have quite differing tastes so it all works out okay).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    seems like a ****. when friends tell me that they like a girl i would try to help them in any way i could and not go for her myself (luckily me and my close friends have quite differing tastes so it all works out okay).
    Exactly, OP I don't think your friend is being very loyal! That's one of the first qualities I look for in a friend, that and reliability and compatibility with my sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    Arghhh my best mate used to do this all the time. I think it's perhaps because they expressed interest in me, rather than her, that she wanted to prove to me/herself/whatever that she could have them if she wanted. Though it was silly, because it wasn't like she was short of offers.

It all came to a head when she kissed this guy I'd been seeing and really liked, right in front of me. I just lost it with her and didn't talk to her for weeks. Eventually she realised how wrong she'd been and we've been fine ever since. You just need to tell him it's not on, and that you'd never do it to him. Let him know he's being a crap friend and see how he reacts.

ReputationRep:
    Ditch him. He sounds like a right ****. Whatever happened to bros before hoes?

ReputationRep:
    It's possible he's insecure in his own opinions of and feelings for girls and so feels as though when someone else expresses an interest in a girl that must make her worthy of his time. Maybe he cares about what other people think. Or it could be that he's trying to get at you in some way so it's probably worth finding out why this could be the case.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.