Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for like half a month now and my offer is still stuck at conditional even though ive already sent the required documents to the uni!

And now I got an email saying the staff incharge of the issue is on vacation tillthe 4th of august! They gave the same holiday excuse last time I was waiting for my UCAS update (they were the last)

As I'm not from the UK or EU, it's gonna take some time for me to get the offer letter and then wait for my visa application. Don't they understand that the a-level students are going to be cramming the visa office after their results come out?

Are the staff at OBU always this slow and inefficient?:mad: :mad: :mad:

There, at least I've let some steam off!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had the same problem...around Easter (with the same holiday excuse). They asked me to send a copy of my NVQ3 cert. but it didn't change after 2 weeks UCAS still hadn't changed. So I rang them every other day practically, I think they got so annoyed with me that they actually did something about it. Ring them everyday from Aug 4th until I changes. And don't just take thir work tht they've changed it/recieved it, ring til it changes on UCAS.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laluna)
    I've been waiting for like half a month now and my offer is still stuck at conditional even though ive already sent the required documents to the uni!

And now I got an email saying the staff incharge of the issue is on vacation tillthe 4th of august! They gave the same holiday excuse last time I was waiting for my UCAS update (they were the last)

As I'm not from the UK or EU, it's gonna take some time for me to get the offer letter and then wait for my visa application. Don't they understand that the a-level students are going to be cramming the visa office after their results come out?

Are the staff at OBU always this slow and inefficient?:mad: :mad: :mad:

There, at least I've let some steam off!
    you could ring them, explain the situtation, and hopefully theyw ill put you through to someone else who does the same or similar job as the person who's on vacation.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice! I did ring them.

But the funny thing is, when I ringed the admissions office, they said they have not received any transcripts, but then my UCAS got updated to uncond later in the afternoon! (5th aug)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.