Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pork products)
    They are female...
    i kind of noticed hence why I asked said question

ReputationRep:
    Mine is £750 (goes up to £850 when I pass my test) - I am male, 17 and drive a 1.4L peugeot 206.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    Mine is £750 (goes up to £850 when I pass my test) - I am male, 17 and drive a 1.4L peugeot 206.
    How is your insurance so cheap:eek:
    Are you a named driver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterGriffin)
    How is your insurance so cheap:eek:
    Are you a named driver?
    Its third party fire and theft, not fully comp - yes I am a named driver.

Its cheaper because its admiral multi-car so its a big discount as me moved 3 cars to them, and where we live is like the lowest crime in the uk, and I dunno why else.

ReputationRep:
    You're all so lucky. I paid £1000 as a named driver! Car cost £450 though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    Its third party fire and theft, not fully comp - yes I am a named driver.

Its cheaper because its admiral multi-car so its a big discount as me moved 3 cars to them, and where we live is like the lowest crime in the uk, and I dunno why else.
    When I get a new car, I have already planned to go onto Admiral. Are they good? Quinn Direct (which I'm on now) used to be the cheapest and now they're like 5th cheapest on comparing sites.

ReputationRep:
    About 1500 on the car, and 1050 on the insurance. Can't imagine doing it much cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my first car - a Ford Ka for £3800. Insurance is £1000 for me and my younger sister though

ReputationRep:
    £1,500 99' Clio 1.2, insurance was £550 fully comp named driver.

ReputationRep:
    £500 pounds for a 1997 R registration Peugeot 106 XN 1.1L.
    Around £960 for insurance.
    Around £120 for 1 year of tax.

It's old. And it's basic (no ABS, no power steering, no central locking, no electric windows). But it does the job that any other car does, and it does it well. I've had no problems with it in the year that I've had it. No breakdowns, no expensive parts needing replaced, nothing. It's been great.

I would recommend a banger on the basis that most people have 'little bumps' in their first year of driving, and while they don't matter much on a Peugeot 106, you'd be furious if they were on, say, a brand new Corsa. I haven't had any bumps, but if I had, that would by justification for having a 'wee banger'.

ReputationRep:
    8.5k + 1k insurance. My insurance is remarkably cheap considering I'm an 18 y/o male driving a 2.0 TD car worth over 8 grand. Do some research before you buy. Insurance companies seem to consider the ford focus and a some others as low risk for some reason, so the quotes are more realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowdeni)
    £1,500 99' Clio 1.2, insurance was £550 fully comp named driver.
    Eww. That's pricey. Unless you bought it in say 2003/4.

ReputationRep:
    I got quoted £2800 for fully comp insurance on a 2004, 2.3 Ford Galaxy haha

ReputationRep:
    Car: £230 ['96 1.4l Fiat Brava]
    Insurance: £700 [aged 20]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samalama)
    When I get a new car, I have already planned to go onto Admiral. Are they good? Quinn Direct (which I'm on now) used to be the cheapest and now they're like 5th cheapest on comparing sites.
    My mum did the paying and stuff since it was for our my dads car and the landrover as well, so it makes it a bigger discount - but she said they were good and everything and she got a discount of like £200 by asking and saying we had a cheaper quote.

The guy warned her that if it is my car then I should be down as the main driver, not named, but she told him that the car is in her name etc. so he was like ok about it.

ReputationRep:
    £4k for car, £600 for insurance. (my own policy, none of this fronting stuff)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    My mum did the paying and stuff since it was for our my dads car and the landrover as well, so it makes it a bigger discount - but she said they were good and everything and she got a discount of like £200 by asking and saying we had a cheaper quote.

The guy warned her that if it is my car then I should be down as the main driver, not named, but she told him that the car is in her name etc. so he was like ok about it.
    Have you ever had experience with the insurance, say, an accident? Our fiesta was smacked into onto a dual carriageway and the guy who drove into us said it was our fault (which is clearly a lie because we would've had to of been driving sideways lol) and Quinn Direct took ages to get our compensation... I'd hate to think what they'd be like on an accident where the fault wasn't so obvious...

ReputationRep:
    £1400 car
    £400 insurance

Yes that is the truth and I was a 17 year old male, although I wasn't the main driver.

Edit: That was on a Golf GL 1.8 if you're wondering what car it was.

ReputationRep:
    I paid £1600 for my car and £700 for my insurance. (with Churchill's- they were the cheapest for me)

ReputationRep:
    It makes me wanna cry when I see just how cheap the insurance cost for you guys/gals...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.