Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone receieved booklists yet? I'm getting a bit concerned that I haven't heard anything about them! I signed up for the university e-mail address like they told us to, and I assumed they'd tell us via that, but nothing yet!
    Also, out of interest, has anyone received summer work? I know some courses had it last year, but it seems a bit late if they give it to us now!

ReputationRep:
    I am a tad concerned too. Would like to know if I need to buy an ridiculously expensive books so I can start looking for second hand copies! Plus i'm excited and want to know what we'll be learning!

ReputationRep:
    They said it would come in early august so we'll probably get it any day now. Though I would have liked to have it earlier too.

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine! I had to read one book and visit an exhibition in London. Which are now both done. And i also got a list of equipment i would need.

oh & i got that about a week after i got a conditional offer; which was during June sometime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostories)
    Has anyone receieved booklists yet? I'm getting a bit concerned that I haven't heard anything about them! I signed up for the university e-mail address like they told us to, and I assumed they'd tell us via that, but nothing yet!
    Also, out of interest, has anyone received summer work? I know some courses had it last year, but it seems a bit late if they give it to us now!
    I'm going to Camberwell too

I only spotted it the other day, but at the bottom of one of the letters they've sent me about my conditional offer (has info about how to pay for fees) it says -

Further information regarding your enrolment timetable and any summer coursework/reading, will be sent to you with your joining instructions approximately four weeks before the course is due to start.
    So it seems we won't get anything till September...
    I'm guessing this just applies for Camberwell students.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, got an enrolment letter today which included my reading list! Priced up the books I need to buy on Amazon and it's about £50 new. Not TOO bad! Got a lot i'd ideally like to read before we start and a bit more notice would have been great! Although, i'm doing Journalism which may entail more reading than other courses.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine things like booklists won't come through for the majority of students untill after 20th Aug.

ReputationRep:
    omg i havent got anything yet 0_0

ReputationRep:
    I got all my info this morning

ReputationRep:
    I've also still got nothing.

ReputationRep:
    oh i got mine does foundation studies have a project?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    I received my reading list and/or summer work around mid August (if I can remember correctly), so it should come anytime now. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I received my reading list and/or summer work around mid August (if I can remember correctly), so it should come anytime now. :smile:
    Thank you! It's so frustrating to see all my friends receiving theirs, I think that's whats making me so anxious!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from LCC received any summer projects/book lists/enrolement info/ANYTHING?

I'm getting slightly worried. I really want a summer project to crack on with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    Has anyone from LCC received any summer projects/book lists/enrolement info/ANYTHING?

I'm getting slightly worried. I really want a summer project to crack on with.
    Hahaha so eager. Don't worry you'll be drowning in projects in no time.

But I know what you mean, I want mine too so I can get started on it! So nerdy, I know :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a few days ago, I had a booklist but no summer work.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah I was really hoping I would have a project to do for the summer just to stay in the swing of things and such, probably nerdy but hey - true I will be drowning in projects soon enough so I really should take advantage of free time! What are you studying?

ghostories - What and where are you studying and how did they contact you about the book list? I'm jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    Haha yeah I was really hoping I would have a project to do for the summer just to stay in the swing of things and such, probably nerdy but hey - true I will be drowning in projects soon enough so I really should take advantage of free time! What are you studying?

ghostories - What and where are you studying and how did they contact you about the book list? I'm jealous!
    Photography at Camberwell, a couple of friends that are studying at CSM got theirs via email though, and my boyfriend (who will be studying photography at LCC) hasn't heard anything since his UCAS acceptance!

ReputationRep:
    csm foundation study doesnt have a summer project.

ReputationRep:
    yaay finally got mine...though I don't know if I should be happy since that is one incredibly long reading list! And I have homework.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.