Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by kittensmittens)
    yaay finally got mine...though I don't know if I should be happy since that is one incredibly long reading list! And I have homework.
    Curiously, what does it entail? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Curiously, what does it entail? :tongue:
    The homework is a 5-10 minute presentation about my previous work and my the directions I will be pursuing in my MA project, due on the first day of class. :p: As for the reading list, I think a better question would be what does it NOT entail, as it seems like every book every written about textiles, environmental design and design theory is on there. I am currently sifting through it to find the resources that are most relevant to my areas or interest, it says that they don't expect us to read everything!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by kittensmittens)
    The homework is a 5-10 minute presentation about my previous work and my the directions I will be pursuing in my MA project, due on the first day of class. :p: As for the reading list, I think a better question would be what does it NOT entail, as it seems like every book every written about textiles, environmental design and design theory is on there. I am currently sifting through it to find the resources that are most relevant to my areas or interest, it says that they don't expect us to read everything!
    I suspected that the "homework" would be an introductory presentation, detailing who you are, your previous work, and your study proposal. Unlike undergraduate, the tutor(s) aren't so much intending to teach you, but to support you. As such, they wouldn't set a defined brief, because it's no longer about telling you want to do anymore. As for the reading list, it's usually a general one that they believe to be worthwhile. This is practically identical to my first day at the RCA. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't received a booklist, is it normal? It is almost September.
    Where will they send it? To the university e-mail address?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily_k)
    Still haven't received a booklist, is it normal? It is almost September.
    Where will they send it? To the university e-mail address?
    I got mine in the post. If you haven't had it by now, it's possible that there isn't one for the course (this is what has happened to a couple of my friends). Give the uni a call if you're worried and they should be able to tell you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostories)
    I got mine in the post. If you haven't had it by now, it's possible that there isn't one for the course (this is what has happened to a couple of my friends). Give the uni a call if you're worried and they should be able to tell you
    ghostories thanks for answer!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.