Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For those of you who got a 1st in your 1st year did you grad with a 1st class degree? Watch

• View Poll Results: If you got a 1st in your 1st year what degree classification did you graduate with?
    1st
    55.56%
    2:i
    22.22%
    2:ii
    0%
    3rd
    0%
    Pass
    22.22%

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who got a 1st (70+%) in your 1st year did you graduate with a 1st class degree?

Or did you find it a struggle to maintain your high grades in year 2 & 3 etc?

ReputationRep:
    yep but it was one hell of a struggle. Getting the 1st in the first year was alot less work than getting a first in the final year exams.

I presume you just got your results and got over 70%. congrats

ReputationRep:
    I got just over 60% in first year. ~80% in second year.

ReputationRep:
    I got 71% in first year, 70% in second year and 68% in 3rd year. Graduated with a 2:1.
    2% more in one of my essays would have got me a First

ReputationRep:
    71% y1, 60.25% y2.
    y1 = nothing
    y2= 1/3rd of end classification.

I probably put half as much effort in going to lectures and doing homework stuff this year. However, revision for second semester exams was up on what I did last year. I require I change in attitude come October. January is usually a bad exam season for me, this year I need to avoid that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.