Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon incase he sees this.
    Ive just finished my first year of uni, and all the way through ive been seeing a boy mate from back home who is in a different uni 2 and a half hours away. We didnt see each other during term time but we were sleeping together during the holidays.
    We had an argument a few weeks ago and havent really spoke since- i've rung him once or twice but he's been quite off with me and would never contact me first.
    I think i'm becoming obsessed, he's all i ever think about, and as he's in the same group of friends as me I can't cut him out of my life for good. I can't imagine ever liking someone else, I just can't imagine anyone comparing to him.. I only feel safe with him
    So as i've never liked someone this much, I guess my question is for those who have ever been broken up with in relationships or w/e- is it natural for me to feel like no-one will compare? Does this feeling actually go or will it last forever?

ReputationRep:
    Long distance relationships rarely work out, especially when people are in Uni surrounded by the party lifestyle (not that i'm suggesting that they all don't work, some do) it's the uni holidays so once you get back to uni, you'll start to heal and forget about him especially seeing as he's at another uni a fair distance away. Immerse yourself with your uni friends and activities there, and keep your chin up for another month until you get back there, it's only a temporary situation.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will get over it. And you'll look back and realise what a sap you've been. That's how it's been for me and friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon incase he sees this.
    Ive just finished my first year of uni, and all the way through ive been seeing a boy mate from back home who is in a different uni 2 and a half hours away. We didnt see each other during term time but we were sleeping together during the holidays.
    We had an argument a few weeks ago and havent really spoke since- i've rung him once or twice but he's been quite off with me and would never contact me first.
    I think i'm becoming obsessed, he's all i ever think about, and as he's in the same group of friends as me I can't cut him out of my life for good. I can't imagine ever liking someone else, I just can't imagine anyone comparing to him.. I only feel safe with him
    So as i've never liked someone this much, I guess my question is for those who have ever been broken up with in relationships or w/e- is it natural for me to feel like no-one will compare? Does this feeling actually go or will it last forever?
    You wont feel like this forever, but it sounds like it may be the right thing for you to split up if it wasnt going well, it is going to make it even worse if you are struggling to keep together and you are in a long distance relationship as these need alot of work which is sometimes they are not so sucessful.

There is no wasy way for you to get over him or try to, its more of a passive process that takes time. Just try getting on with things and gradually over time you will feel abit better, sadly there is no quick cure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.