Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello people,i just received an UCAS letter and i need a little bit of help.

Okay,the thing i that in that UCAS letter they say that i have to confirm my place online too. 'Please visit www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/confirmation to confirm whether or not you intend to take up this place'

However,when i visit that website,log in they say that : 'There are no applications requiring action from you at the present time'.

I need to do thi confirmation in 14 days counting from 22th of July.

What should i do now?Has anyone had any similar experience?

help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You're best bet is to call the university.
    It always helps to talk to someone, I'm not sure why it should do this to be honest.
    I hope you followed their instructions:

Click on the 'Self Service log-in' link below;
    Select 'Student Admissions' in the Self Service menu;
    Select 'Accept Admission';
    Click on 'Confirm Attendance or Withdraw';
    Click 'Confirm Attendance'. Do not click here to withdraw. If you wish to withdraw or be released into clearing, please email [email protected].
    To confirm your attendance, click 'Confirm attendance'.
    You should now see:
    'Thank you for confirming your attendance on this programme. We look forward to welcoming you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    You're best bet is to call the university.
    It always helps to talk to someone, I'm not sure why it should do this to be honest.
    I hope you followed their instructions:
    Ive written them a couple of emails and if i dont get a response by tomorrow i shall call them up.Its really odd,i can log in,it shows my name,surname,but when it comes to accepting they wont let me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I heard about that email from a course mate (I actually never received it.) and I tried to do what it said in the email but got confused when there was nothing for me to confirm. So I emailed my admissions person and she said not to worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scooter)
    Hello,
    I heard about that email from a course mate (I actually never received it.) and I tried to do what it said in the email but got confused when there was nothing for me to confirm. So I emailed my admissions person and she said not to worry about it.
    Really?i received only UCAS letter,not actual email.Maybe i shouldnt worry as well,since woman i emailed to said everything seems to be fine.I get so sensitive when it comes to university matters for some reason lol

ReputationRep:
    I went back and looked at the emails and for some reason I asked about "registration" and not "Confirmation" but I dont think there is really anything to be worried about.

Granted, I am doing an MSc in the business school, and it looks like your profile says you are studying arabic.... so things could be different, but i doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scooter)
    I went back and looked at the emails and for some reason I asked about "registration" and not "Confirmation" but I dont think there is really anything to be worried about.

Granted, I am doing an MSc in the business school, and it looks like your profile says you are studying arabic.... so things could be different, but i doubt it.
    I shall email that lady on monday whos been dealing with all my inquries and see what she will say.

Thanks for calming me down anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Mine said that too but it turned out I'd already registered and because of that it said there were no outstanding applications, which would be correct if you think about it. My StudentNet doesn't work yet either, but I'm hoping that's because it isn't September yet.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.