Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cats_have_teats)
    Forgive the crudeness of my MS Paint diagram (below). But are you suggesting that I should motion the eyeliner down towards the lash line (same as on the left eye in the picture) rather than smudging it in acrossways (same as on the right eye in the picture)?

(click to enlarge)
    Haha loving the picture! Yes basically, although make sure the eyeliner line actually REACHES your lash line. The idea is to smudge off the excess that makes the line too thick. You should get a nice smooth finish. This is how I do my eyeliner anyway and it seems to work rather well!

ReputationRep:
    MAC fluidline eyeliner gel is brilliant, I recommend that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I've used it on the moist bit of my lowerlid :ninja: (:facepalm: to me)
    It didn't mess my eyes up or anything - :hide:
    Hahaha in 10 years time you're gonna have to wear these:-

ReputationRep:
    If you want a neat look, just apply with a pencil on the INSIDE!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll try this.

I've found with a pencil that it takes quite a lot of effort to actually get it onto the eyelid, there was quite a lot of resistance and it wasn't a very smooth process. But the one time i tried liquid that was completely disastrous...just smudged everywhere.
    Is there something inbetween pencil or liquid? Or is there perhaps a pencil brand which is very easy to apply?
    I wear my eyeliner in the same way as picture 3. I've got this really good eyeliner that's inbetween a pencil and liquid, so it goes on fairly easily and if you press lightly you can easily create the look. The writing on mine is all faded away now, but I think it's called colour perfection eyeliner and it's made by Maxfactor , or possibly Maybelline.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha in 10 years time you're gonna have to wear these:-

Oh gawdd please don't say that LOL.
    I've been doing it for ages and I recentl had an opticians appointment and she said my vision is good. :dontknow:
    I don't use the eyeliners all the time, just if I can't find a proper one like the kohl or anything. Because I'm sure you're allowed to use that inside your waterline aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbutterfly)
    You do get felt tip eyeliners but I haven't yet found a brand that I'm happy with. I had a Max Factor one and it was terrible. Maybe someone else here knows a decent one.
    was it Max Factor Colour Perfection?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Factor-C.../dp/B001GNBW1Q

ReputationRep:
    Boots do an amazing felt tip eyeliner. I can't remember what its called, and its not by a well known brand, its just put with the make-up brushes, tweezers and that sort of stuff. I think its called a 24 hour or semi-permanent eyeliner, something like that. It just literally doesn't shift at all, even with rain/when you wear it overnight.

Also I'd second the recommendation for Gosh Velvet Touch, but I bought Revlon Colorstay eyeliner yesterday and thats even better. Its a crayon eyeliner (like Gosh) and it just doesn't smudge at all, its amazing. I've got really oily skin but it just doesn't budge. The only problem is that it just sticks there as soon as you put it on, so if you make a mistake its really difficult to remove it.

ReputationRep:
    i think kris means the one by eyelure/dylash? if you're after a felt tip liner then that's the one to choose!

ReputationRep:
    A kohl pencil should do fine. I can't use liquid liner at all. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    i think kris means the one by eyelure/dylash? if you're after a felt tip liner then that's the one to choose!
    Yes, thats the one! It is really good, I've worn it all day then fallen asleep in it and its still pretty much perfect the next day.

ReputationRep:
    get a pencil eyeliner, maybe brown for you as you want it to be subtle, and put it along your bottom lashes. Then use your finer and move it accross the moist part of your eye and then using a tissue, sweep it accross just slightly underneath your lashes (this will get rid of some of the eyeliner and making it look more subtle).
    On the top eyelashes, put eyeliner accross the moist part of your eye. It looks really nice and subtle.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    was it Max Factor Colour Perfection?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Factor-C.../dp/B001GNBW1Q
    Naw, the one I bought was Max Factor High Definition Eyeliner. That was a couple of years ago though. After that I bought a brown one from Boots (I think it was their own brand). In my experience, they don't last very long and dry up quite quickly. I've been using liquid for the past year or so.

ReputationRep:
    I just read the product review and it says you can't use it on the moist ledge on the lower eyelid... other than that it sounds quite good.

Actually can you use any eyeliners on that moist bit? Probably a bit dodgy for your eyes isn't it?
    we're talking about pencil eyeliner right?! i do it all the time, i dont know what it's on about if it says you cant i do it every day! haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.