Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/23/...k/image1xl.jpg

Would it look silly to wear a pair of black flats with this dress?
    I have black heels but I twisted my ankle a few days ago and it's a bit sore wearing heels

ReputationRep:
    yes it would :x

ReputationRep:
    I would say heels... although flats you could possibly get away with if you're a bit taller like myself?

ReputationRep:
    No it would look fine as long as they were dressy but maybe you could go for coloured flats to make it a bit brighter or you could just interperate that in your jewellery

ReputationRep:
    Black flats may not be the best thing to wear with it....black sandals may match...but black heels would obviously look the best!

ReputationRep:
    i think flats would be fine, as long as they're the fancier looking kind, do you have any with a pattern/design or gold detailing on? i have a lot of foot problems and would quite happily wear that dress with flats and i'm only 5'4.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how formal you have to loop. I think black flats would look nice if your legs are long enough.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear heels, if it's going to damage your body.

Go for the flats right now, but wear heels with it in the future once your ankle has healed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Don't wear heels, if it's going to damage your body.

Go for the flats right now, but wear heels with it in the future once your ankle has healed.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    As long as they are quite fancy flats and not completely plain then it'll be fine. I second the coloured flats comment, would brighten it up a bit, as long as they are classy and not tacky or anything. But then I'm just a bit of a colour freak!

ReputationRep:
    if you are tall you could defintely get away with a nice pair of gladiator sandals / flips flops, maybe in a metallicy gold colour. i noticed quite a lot of girls out in them when i was out in newcastle last saturday night and it looked really good! oh to be tall...
    last time i was out in flats i got elbowed in the head...

ReputationRep:
    I would personally wear with heels because it is a dressy/ evening type outfit.

I also think it could work with some embellished sandals (not pumps or flip flops).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.