Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why Is Necrophillia Illegal? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you give consent for your partner to "do it" with your body after your dead?
    Yes
    30.43%
    No
    69.57%

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is when people say that necrophilia should be illegal, but homosexuality should be legal.

I don't really see any reason for the illegality of one which couldn't easily be applied to the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    :puke:

Eww. While I don't think having sex with a corpse counts as rape (it's not a living being therefore can't be raped, in fact even calling it sex isn't quite right, really it's masturbation with a corpse), I don't think it should be legal because it's ****ing disgusting. Normally I wouldn't consider that grounds for it being illegal, but I'm making an exception in this case.
    I agree with this and would contend that opinion is that of every normal person on this thread and 99% of the general public.

And that smiley sums up the whole idea perfectly :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I don't think it should be legal because it's ****ing disgusting. Normally I wouldn't consider that grounds for it being illegal, but I'm making an exception in this case.
    Saying that it is disgusting is an opinion though, it's not a universal fact. Why not say the same about homosexuality or anal sex in general?

ReputationRep:
    As daft as it sounds, there has not been one point in this thread arguing why it should be illegal which hasn't been based on ones opinion or slant or even moral prejudice against it.

Comparing it to pedophilia doesn't form an argument either. It can be shown that sexual abuse can cause metal health problems individuals later on in life. I don't condone necrophilia or even would ever want to try it but until someone gives us a reason why it is illegal then to me it is a law based on a moral standpoint and not on facts and studies, which I don't agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackMTN)
    As daft as it sounds, there has not been one point in this thread arguing why it should be illegal which hasn't been based on ones opinion or slant or even moral prejudice against it.

Comparing it to pedophilia doesn't form an argument either. It can be shown that sexual abuse can cause metal health problems individuals later on in life. I don't condone necrophilia or even would ever want to try it but until someone gives us a reason why it is illegal then to me it is a law based on a moral standpoint and not on facts and studies, which I don't agree with.
    Wanting to screw a corpse sounds like the sign of a mental health problem to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Saying that it is disgusting is an opinion though, it's not a universal fact. Why not say the same about homosexuality or anal sex in general?
    Yeah I'm fully aware of the hypocrisy of it which is why my post was kind of tongue in cheek. I actually don't see a proper logical reason to outright ban necrophilia. But I can't really bring myself to support it being made legal.

ReputationRep:
    Only emotes can describe what i'm thinking right now..

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Necrophilia is usually associated with digging up graves to expose the corpses in order to do whatever sexual act the individual (sane or otherwise) requires to perform. Grave digging is illegal, therefore making such cases of necrophilia illegal also.

In other cases people have actually committed murder to perform a sexual act on the dead body, as this is the only way they can be sexually aroused and experience an orgasm. This is also illegal and shows psychotic tendancies, which is not seen as "normal" behaviour.

ReputationRep:

The corpse hasn't given consent and therefore it is technically rape, last time I checked, rape was illegal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    The corpse hasn't given consent and therefore it is technically rape, last time I checked, rape was illegal...
    So using a dildo is rape? After all the dildo hasn't given consent.

A corpse is not a living thing, therefore I don't think the concept of rape applies to one. According to the law it isn't considered rape to have sex with a corpse (although it is illegal, I think it's an offence by itself).

ReputationRep:
    I think its probably illegal under a desecrating the dead type angle...

ReputationRep:
    The law does not consider sex with a corpse rape, as it is not a living person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    So using a dildo is rape? After all the dildo hasn't given consent.

A corpse is not a living thing, therefore I don't think the concept of rape applies to one. According to the law it isn't considered rape to have sex with a corpse (although it is illegal, I think it's an offence by itself).
    hmm maybe 'technically wasn't the best choice of words on my part, but you can see my point though

I'm not sure the comparison of the dildo and the dead human body is a solid argument...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure the comparison of the dildo and the dead human body is a solid argument...
    Well clearly they are quite different. Hygeine reasons for a start. But they are both inanimate objects, therefore the idea of consent is fairly meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    People seem to be against because of a moral belief that firstly it is disgusting and secondly its disrespectful to have sex with a person who was once alive and hasn't given consent.

But, I did say that the dying partner would give consent before death that their partner could have sex with their body after death so consent has been given.

Second issue was the whole "sex with a corpse is disgusting" thing. Obviously sex with a corpse that has been dead for a long life will have decayed and carry disease, this wasn't the idea of necrophilia that I would want to be made legal as mentioned the only way to get to this corpse would be to dig up a grave. I did say instead that the body will have only have been dead for a few hours at most, therefore the whole ick factor will not be as strong.

ReputationRep:
    i think we're forgetting the 11th commandment- thou shalt not screw the dead....

ReputationRep:
    i've only ever thought about it once. i was reading a story about this guy who was about to rape a woman but she was escaping so he accidentally killed her and i thought, her body's still fresh, don't let it go to waste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    People seem to be against because of a moral belief that firstly it is disgusting and secondly its disrespectful to have sex with a person who was once alive and hasn't given consent.

But, I did say that the dying partner would give consent before death that their partner could have sex with their body after death so consent has been given.

Second issue was the whole "sex with a corpse is disgusting" thing. Obviously sex with a corpse that has been dead for a long life will have decayed and carry disease, this wasn't the idea of necrophilia that I would want to be made legal as mentioned the only way to get to this corpse would be to dig up a grave. I did say instead that the body will have only have been dead for a few hours at most, therefore the whole ick factor will not be as strong.
    Sex is supposed to be shared between two living feeling people you weirdo.
    You might as well have sex with an unconscious person or a coma patient.

And why would anyone give consent. And why would anyone want to get consent to screw their dying partner? NOONE WOULD DO THIS! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Sex is supposed to be shared between two living feeling people you weirdo.
    You might as well have sex with an unconscious person or a coma patient.

And why would anyone give consent. And why would anyone want to get consent to screw their dying partner? NOONE WOULD DO THIS! :eek3:
    Those are your opinions. You don't know if a person may give consent as your not a representation of the whole population, other people may have different beliefs from yours and would give consent. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think if you did ask a partner that question it would be a sure way of killing them off.....they'd die of shock lol :O

I personally would be disgusted if I were ever asked to consent to that, and that would be the end of that relationship...hell yeah! I am open minded to alot of things, but the buck stops there, so to speak!!!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.