Turn on thread page Beta

facebook stalker check app watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    has anyone used this app?

can you see who's been viewing your profile and is it only those who've been in ur friends list or is it also people who are in the same network as you so they can see ur profile?

ive been stalking a number of ppl who aren't even in my friends list but are just in the same network as me. can they see ive been doing it now?

dont be rude when replying cos i know u do it too

ReputationRep:
    yes i have its a false one. it doesnt tell you how many times someone views your profile, just how many times someone has posted something or liked something on your fb account.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even bothered looking at it, because obviously it can be the full thing unless Facebook themselves allowed it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes,it's rubbish. They just use the names of people who have recently commented on your wall/on a picture.They'd never really reveal who goes on your profile the most because of privacy rules etc.

Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thriller)
    has anyone used this app?

can you see who's been viewing your profile and is it only those who've been in ur friends list or is it also people who are in the same network as you so they can see ur profile?

ive been stalking a number of ppl who aren't even in my friends list but are just in the same network as me. can they see ive been doing it now?

dont be rude when replying cos i know u do it too
    Considering that I don't think it's possible to get that level of detail, the application is probably a data miner, using its obvious perceived benefits to "infect" as many accounts as possible. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just tells you who communicates with you most of all.
    Could probably tell anyway without the "stalker checker".
    To be honest, it's just another stupid advertising scheme by facebook.
    The adverts on that are getting out of hand.
    IT USED TO BE SO PURE

ReputationRep:
    as others have said, it's just those who communicate with you most, the last 5 people i've had wall posts off were my top 5 stalkers, could've worked that out for myself!

ReputationRep:
    thanks. thank god for that. now i can continue stalking ppl lol

ReputationRep:
    I assumed it was a virus, because on my FB everyone seemed to be constantly posting and reposting the link to it.

ReputationRep:
    It's more than just wall posts, probably includes photo comments or something. The top 5 were really quite believable, though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is a virus, I havn't had any problems after looking at it. I think its literally just the few people who have commented recently or most frequently.
    The reason it comes up in peoples feeds all the time is because before you look at it you give it permission to publish things in your status so you have to uncheck that to stop it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sick of that app. Everyone on my homepage keeps linking to it.

I must say, I did go on it myself, but only because I was worried that people would find out that I had been stalking them :p:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't used it, but like half my facebook have. Quite glad to hear that it's based on liking or commenting on things on their profile though! There's a few people whose pages I visit frequently, and was worrying that I would come up as like their number one stalker! XD Might have led to some awkward questions
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I haven't got it, but my best mate has just split up with her boyfriend because he was 31st on her list, but 1st on his ex's...

ReputationRep:
    It's a load of crap, I won't use it. It's like trying to find out who looks at you most on a night out. Stupid and paranoid.

It's a-kin to what Gaydar has, which is your opportunity (or inability to stop) to leave a "track" so you know someone has looked at your profile. I didn't think Facebook was trying to become a dating/sex site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    I haven't got it, but my best mate has just split up with her boyfriend because he was 31st on her list, but 1st on his ex's...
    What an immature reason to split!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was hilarious, my boyfriend is my number one stalker :awesome:

On my friend list it just opened up a massive discussion how we all stalk each other and read one anothers comments just to see what the craic is in their lives. I thought I was the only one who did it...but no, there are others!

ReputationRep:
    No, there was also a "glitch" which wasn't an application, which apparantly allowed users to see the people that viewed their profile the most, but facebook have apparantly officially removed it now. However some people reckon they can still get it, by pressing up or down, or space, in the search bar. See here.

ReputationRep:
    Biggest load of ***** ever.

FB should ban that **** because its such a lie.

ReputationRep:
    I'm number one on my ex's list, but he's not on mine at all. how embarrassing (we are good friends so it's really not that weird).

I find it hard to believe it's based entirely on wall posts/photo comments - because there's two people on my top 10 who haven't posted a wall comment or photo comment on my profile in MONTHS.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.