Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im really worried that my lack of 'sciency' A-levels will disadvantage me of getting a place on a Psychology degree at a top uni.. (I believe my choices for 2010 will be Notts (1st choice), Bham, Sussex, Warwick and Reading)

My AS levels were: Psychology, Sociology, PE and Spanish. I know Psych and Spanish (as a language) will make my application look good. However, although I am very good at science (I got an A* at GCSE), I chose not to take a science at AS because I didnt enjoy it as much as these other subjects.

Now im considering either taking all 4 at A-level to make my application look stronger, or seeing whether I can drop Sociology and take Biology at AS.

Am I worrying about nothing or should i defo be looking at making myself stand out more.:o:

Thanks in advance for the replies.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology goes well with Psychology though and is a social science, although obviously not as highly regarded as Physics and the like. How about dropping PE and taking up AS biology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Sociology goes well with Psychology though and is a social science, although obviously not as highly regarded as Physics and the like. How about dropping PE and taking up AS biology?
    This would be my suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    This would be my suggestion
    Well PE contains A LOT of biology and with both i thought they would go hand in hand together:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyRiaStone)
    Well PE contains A LOT of biology and with both i thought they would go hand in hand together:o:
    I've never done PE, and really don't know much about it but I do think it's considered the least academic of your subjects & the course & unis you're applying to are competitive. I'd go with what feels good though - it's you that has to study it for a year :yes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.