The Student Room Group

Am I at a disadvantage?

Im really worried that my lack of 'sciency' A-levels will disadvantage me of getting a place on a Psychology degree at a top uni.. (I believe my choices for 2010 will be Notts (1st choice), Bham, Sussex, Warwick and Reading)

My AS levels were: Psychology, Sociology, PE and Spanish. I know Psych and Spanish (as a language) will make my application look good. However, although I am very good at science (I got an A* at GCSE), I chose not to take a science at AS because I didnt enjoy it as much as these other subjects.

Now im considering either taking all 4 at A-level to make my application look stronger, or seeing whether I can drop Sociology and take Biology at AS.

Am I worrying about nothing or should i defo be looking at making myself stand out more.:o:

Thanks in advance for the replies. :smile:
Reply 1
Sociology goes well with Psychology though and is a social science, although obviously not as highly regarded as Physics and the like. How about dropping PE and taking up AS biology?
Reply 2
xmarilynx
Sociology goes well with Psychology though and is a social science, although obviously not as highly regarded as Physics and the like. How about dropping PE and taking up AS biology?

This would be my suggestion :smile:
Reply 3
lekky
This would be my suggestion :smile:

Well PE contains A LOT of biology and with both i thought they would go hand in hand together:o:
Reply 4
RockyRiaStone
Well PE contains A LOT of biology and with both i thought they would go hand in hand together:o:

I've never done PE, and really don't know much about it but I do think it's considered the least academic of your subjects & the course & unis you're applying to are competitive. I'd go with what feels good though - it's you that has to study it for a year :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending