Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What would happen to someone who was caught using a fake id to buy drink at a shop? Taken to court? Fined? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you wouldn't be served / id confiscated?

ReputationRep:
    A fake id. They'd probably just refuse service. And you will get caught as fake ones don't work.

Using someone elses ID, they can take it off you and report you to the police as you are commiting fraud, but this usually only ends up as a warning.

ReputationRep:
    Flogged for insolence and then forced to take 20 vodka shots through the eye for good measure.

ReputationRep:
    Life imprisonment matey.

ReputationRep:
    they just took mine of me

ReputationRep:
    arite thanks, its not me who got caught, just a mate got stopped coming out of a shop and if the shop keeper can prove he used fake id ther in the past, he might get into a bit of bother
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    fake id = fraud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    fake id = fraud
    That's what i was going to say, i mean you'd be purposely falsifying your details in order to illegally obtain alcohol/restricted goods.

I think generally speaking they'd confiscate it, unless the police were involved somehow then you may be facing more serious charges

ReputationRep:
    they'd do the 'what what in the butt' dance on u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I remember changing the 1987 to 1986 on my ID, nobody was any the wiser despite it being done with a pin and a biro. How bad is the fake ID? I mean does it say Fisher Price on it?
    your sig!!!! u ****! ahahaha lost the game now!!!

ReputationRep:
    Fake ID isn't fraud if you have your details on it (obviously except for age).

They'll either not serve you or confiscate it.

ReputationRep:
    My brother got a police final (second) warning for getting caught with fake ID, seemed like overkill to me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I remember changing the 1987 to 1986 on my ID, nobody was any the wiser despite it being done with a pin and a biro. How bad is the fake ID? I mean does it say Fisher Price on it?
    LOL! Sounds like you did a good job..

ReputationRep:
    They just take it off you if they see it's fake.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely they will take it off you and tell you to bugger off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeeWayleee)
    LOL! Sounds like you did a good job..
    My parents at the time assured me it would never work but I guess when it's dark it's difficult for bouncers to discern any minor details and alterations. And shop staff are probably indifferent :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havers)
    your sig!!!! u ****! ahahaha lost the game now!!!
    You are person number 18 to be caught out in two weeks :p:

I caught out Mr Snips yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris2pyle)
    What would happen to someone who was caught using a fake id to buy drink at a shop? Taken to court? Fined? Thanks
    they laugh in your face 'that's a **** fake id, what sort of sucker do you think i am?!'

they cut it up or return it to you.

(havent heard of anyone having a fine or court/serious stuff and know A LOT of people who've tried it)

now it DOES matter if its someones elses real ID cause thats like fraud or something. my friend had a bouncer take her best mates driving license and they gave it to the police, they wanted a statement when you go to collect it. my friend had her driving test that week and was livid!!

yeah dont try with other peoples unless its your siblings old clipped passport (less risky)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Flogged for insolence and then forced to take 20 vodka shots through the eye for good measure.
    Sounds alright to me :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.