Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    I don't think you understand, I'll be seventeen for the whole of year thirteen. You only have to wait a month.
    Nah im worse off im missing Freshers week next year as well. (17 all of U6 as well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soylent Green)
    Nah im worse off im missing Freshers week next year as well. (17 all of U6 as well).
    Wait you're a year ahead???? :lolwut: I fell fo you.

ReputationRep:
    In the days before passports and drivers licenses became pretty much the only accepted ID, I had a fake. I remember sitting getting drunk on a park with some friends (classy, I know) when we were about 16. Except I had a fake ID saying I was 18.

Some undercover police approached us and flashed their ID's and asked how old we were. I paniked and said 18, then they checked my "ID" and luckily didn't clock on that it was fake. But then they accused me of supplying alcohol to minors. Luckily it went no further and they told us to go home.

:/

ReputationRep:
    could you just not keep the id in your hand and refuse to give it over to someone who asks claiming you have had it stolen in a similar situation.

you could find a way of eating it or claim that you will self harm and blame them if you are detained...

edit: or just set fire to it there and then

ReputationRep:
    A bouncer would generally seize the ID and hand it over to the police.

ReputationRep:
    Wait you're a year ahead???? :lolwut: I fell fo you.
    Yup sucks to be me right?

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the time I used someone else's ID to get into a club...she looked nothing like me but they let me in straightaway.

Never used fake ID in a shop though...I wouldn't imagine they'd bother phoning the police unless they were particularly anal about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soylent Green)
    Yup sucks to be me right?
    how's it like, are you friends with more people in your year or the year below.

ReputationRep:
    how's it like, are you friends with more people in your year or the year below.
    My year even though most are either a year or two older, makes it hard on the rugby pitch though, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I never understood the point of fake ID. People should make the most of being young enough to get their sibling to buy them a bottle of Tesco Imperial Vodka to drink on some swings with their mates while they can. Personally, I miss the excitement of hiding bottles of Lambrini in the nearest bush before feigning sobriety to the local PCSO. Alcohol is never as much fun once you turn 18 and you realise how expensive it is to do anything :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Someone my friends know doctored their (real) passport to make it look like they were old enough to buy alcohol and get into clubs etc... they forgot to 'undoctor' it when they went on holiday, yet they got through English passport control, American passport control in and out of the country and were then stopped when re-entering England and interrogated for three hours. Dunno what happened after that. Loads of people I know doctor their passports or use fake ID/ siblings' ID... infuriating when I'm the oldest and I don't, so I can't go out with them etc., but there you go!

I doubt you'd be interrogated for using it to buy alcohol though. Lots of shops in my area have stacks of fake IDs they've confiscated :p: Never heard of anything more serious than that happening.

ReputationRep:
    You know if they do take your ID and cut it up they are committing criminal damage. Not surprisingly though, few chancing students file a complaint to the police about the incident!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Ignore this OP.

You would never be taken to court over something like that. The state doesn't have the time or resources to waste for such a trivial matter. I doubt the shop would take it off you. Most likely they would just refuse service and that's about it.
    ACTUALLY, Using a fake id is a criminal offence under the Identity Cards Act 2006 which carries a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

Possession of false identity documents etc.
    (1)It is an offence for a person with the requisite intention to have in his possession or under his control—
    (a)an identity document that is false and that he knows or believes to be false;
    (b)an identity document that was improperly obtained and that he knows or believes to have been improperly obtained; or
    (c)an identity document that relates to someone else.
    (6)A person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) or (3) shall be liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or to a fine, or to both.
    http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006...en_3#pb8-l1g25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    ACTUALLY, Using a fake id is a criminal offence under the Identity Cards Act 2006 which carries a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.
    Yes, but I imagine they would still never bother pressing charges unless it was a serious matter.

ReputationRep:
    Every co-op I've been to accept my ID because it has my age and picture on. Bouncers don't believe it though, so they just say that they can't let me in.

ReputationRep:
    They'll call the police who will proceed to rape you with their batons.... what do you think?

They will just take it away don't worry so much

ReputationRep:
    They just tell you to get lost, its happened to me when I was underage. Targer older people working on tills they dont understand anything./

ReputationRep:
    Its bound to work if your name is Mclovin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    fake id = fraud
    Only if you use it. It's not illegal to have one just illegal to have one to buy things.

ReputationRep:
    It's when they tell you that your trying to enter a nightclub on a Genuine Passport that you have flown to Spain, Germany and France on and opened 2 Bank Accounts is a fake...!

Dudes, I think Immigration would have spotted it myself

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.