Turn on thread page Beta

My bf has been into my email inbox and deleted emails from a mutual friend of ours - someone who had once fancied me, and someone who I had feelings for (Which given, were taken too far). The inappropriate relationship with the friend ended when my bf found out and we haven't spoken since - upon my bfs insistence.

The emails were not love letters or anything of the sort; merely 'hi's', 'hello's', and forwards.
    While I do understand my bf insisting upon 'no contact' and completely ignorance because of what had happened, I am hurt that he went into my inbox and deleted messages that were MINE to delete.

I feel like he has invaded my private space - he doesnt believe there should be any privacy in the relationship - something we regularly clash upon.
    I know I did something wrong and we have been working towards normalcy again, but I cannot help but feeling uncomfortable, angry and hurt by his action.

Am I normal in feeling this way? How would you react and what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I would be furious! I would feel like he didn't trust me and i would find that difficult to just forget - but that's just me. It's something i would have to talk to him about

ReputationRep:
    Trust. Your relationship has none.

Relationships without trust become farcical quickly. I'd get out now if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Go into his email's all the time? He'll soon learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    he doesnt believe there should be any privacy in the relationship
    Then he's free to bugger off and find someone whos willing to give up their privacy entirly for him.

He'll be looking for a long long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Trust. Your relationship has none.

Relationships without trust become farcical quickly. I'd get out now if I were you.
    OMFG it's Jeremy Kyle, everyone run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    OMFG it's Jeremy Kyle, everyone run
    :ninja:

Great. Now you've blown my cover. You have NO IDEA how much effort it took to get me away from the last nut job on my show.

ReputationRep:
    Well by the sounds of it you cheated on him, so I'm not surprised he's not comfortable.

It's your own fault.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody should have the right to snoop a private inbox without your permission regardless of trust issues. Give him an ultimatum, stop accessing your private files or he can leave.

ReputationRep:
    I would be annoyed, yes as most people would be as there could be a few things on there you wouldnt want anyone to read or see.

However i think the more pressing matter at the moment is the trust problem you boyfriend seems to have, you need to address this and try and get over it, as if you dont your relationship has little foundation. Communicate with one another, allow him to explain and then voice how it wasnt fair of him, you can get over this, it was a mistake on his part.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.