Turn on thread page Beta

Malibu and coke in a pub watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    My brother takes the piss out of me for drinking courvoisier, and tries to imitate me going to the pub and asking for one in a posh voice.

Pubs suck anyway.
    Mmm courvoisier :coma:

Do you have it as a short or with a mixer? I like it with orange juice (not too much though )

I loved it when people used to come into the pub where I worked and try to order it by saying something like 'coovorswar' :p: I used to act like I didn't know what they were talking about so I could hear them saying dumb words :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Mmm courvoisier :coma:

Do you have it as a short or with a mixer? I like it with orange juice (not too much though )

I loved it when people used to come into the pub where I worked and try to order it by saying something like 'coovorswar' :p: I used to act like I didn't know what they were talking about so I could hear them saying dumb words :bigsmile:
    Haha I like to think I say it properly.

I usually have it with a mixer of coke, unless I haven't got any at home then i'll go short.
    With orange sounds very weird. I'll have to try that, i'm intrigued!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    Haha I like to think I say it properly.

I usually have it with a mixer of coke, unless I haven't got any at home then i'll go short.
    With orange sounds very weird. I'll have to try that, i'm intrigued!!
    Yeh it is a little weird! I'll be honest, I screwed up once at work and put courvoisier in my 'cocktail' instead of cointreau... which is obviously orange based itself so tastes fine with orange juice. I tasted the courvoisier with the orange juice and it was a bit bizarre but with just a little splash wasn't too bad at all. I can't really drink any shorts so I always add a little something to them :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    I had three last night...

ReputationRep:
    mm no it's fine.

if a guy ordered it as his first choice i would probs be slightly :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahaha_dontknow)
    So the other day I was at the pub and ordered a malibu and coke, my friends looked at me like "wtf? who orders that?".
    I love malibu and coke but is it ok to order it in a pub?
    Some of my friends are like that when we go to the local. They get something basic like cider and I always ask for something funky and tasty. I either get Malibu/Amaretto/TiaMaria+Vodka(Black Russian) and Diet Coke. I always have diet coke because ordinary Coke always leaves me really thirsty and a grit on my teeth. :p:

Problem is, drinks like this are much more expensive than say Cider or Diesel. So I ususally have one or two of them at the start of the night while I'm sober enough to enjoy them. Then I move onto the cheap grubby stuff. :woo:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.