Turn on thread page Beta

First rent installment required before student finance comes through :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for private accommodation with CRM students in Cambridge (because apparently I live too close to Anglia Ruskin to be eligible for university accommodation..) and received my tenancy agreement with them yesterday.
    They require the first rent installment on the 2nd September, which I assume is before Student Finance pay out all the loans and stuff..
    I really can't afford on my won so I was wondering whether anyone had any advice?
    Shall I call CRM ad explain to them, call Student Finance and see if I can get my loans early or what..?
    Sooo stressful!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, call CRM and explain.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have problem also
    Apparently you can get your loan moved forward...can anyone confirm?

ReputationRep:
    Use your student account overdraft, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    Use your student account overdraft, maybe?
    I would suggest going with this. Once you set up a student account take it from it. Then when the loan comes through it can cancel it off.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a student account yet, have to wait til results and my place gets confirmed.
    But CRM want me to sign the agreement and send it back within the week!!
    I think I'm going to try and contact both CRM and Student Finance and try and meet in the middle.. eek.

ReputationRep:
    I would contact CRM, I don't think you can get student finance payments early.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.