Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've Fallen for my best friend's sister. Watch

anon or delete,

Please take the time to read -

Hey, I'm 18 and 2 weeks ago My best friend invited me to go on holiday to spain with his family and I went.
    However, once we got there all he did was eat and sleep lol, so the only person roughly my age I could talk to was his sister.
    I had a feeling that his sister liked me from various times I stayed over round his or went to his house, but I thought I was just being melodramatic so I put it to the back of mind.

Anyways, we got close to each other and by the end of the holiday we were in the car with her brother, mum and dad. And tried -unsuccessfully- to try and touch each other without her family knowing... well, the end conclusion was that we had fun and her dad sliently screwed out lol. Yet again my mate was asleep next to me.

It seems that mum is ok, and is even trying to push our realtionship... her dad is well... not pleased and my best mate has no idea. :eek3:

So, yer we have been talking since the Holiday and were getting quite close.. but I don't know if I should risk a strong friendship although I really tho like her - like alot.
    Or if I should try dating her on the sly or what? She seems to be obvilious to the fact that I'm risking my mate's friendship.

oh, and she's 16.

Should I leave it? Talk to my mate? Or just go for it?

Yer, My mate can get quite tempermental, and is known for being overprotective of his sister.

Any advice, help, anything would be helpful?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him, but i guess its better than a random guy dating his sister. atleast he knows you.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, talk to your friend first. If he feels like he's the last to know he will be a lot more likely to try and stand in the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete,

Please take the time to read -

Hey, I'm 18 and 2 weeks ago My best friend invited me to go on holiday to spain with his family and I went.
    However, once we got there all he did was eat and sleep lol, so the only person roughly my age I could talk to was his sister.
    I had a feeling that his sister liked me from various times I stayed over round his or went to his house, but I thought I was just being melodramatic so I put it to the back of mind.

Anyways, we got close to each other and by the end of the holiday we were in the car with her brother, mum and dad. And tried -unsuccessfully- to try and touch each other without her family knowing... well, the end conclusion was that we had fun and her dad sliently screwed out lol. Yet again my mate was asleep next to me.

It seems that mum is ok, and is even trying to push our realtionship... her dad is well... not pleased and my best mate has no idea. :eek3:

So, yer we have been talking since the Holiday and were getting quite close.. but I don't know if I should risk a strong friendship although I really tho like her - like alot.
    Or if I should try dating her on the sly or what? She seems to be obvilious to the fact that I'm risking my mate's friendship.

oh, and she's 16.

Should I leave it? Talk to my mate? Or just go for it?

Yer, My mate can get quite tempermental, and is known for being overprotective of his sister.

Any advice, help, anything would be helpful?
    Do not do that! :eek: Suicide, mate. Talk to him first.

(Original post by MaccyG)
    Definitely talk to him. If he is protective and wants the best for his sister surely he would want her to be with someone with whom he trusts.
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Do not do that! :eek: Suicide, mate. Talk to him first.
    (Original post by forever_dreamer)
    Yep, talk to your friend first. If he feels like he's the last to know he will be a lot more likely to try and stand in the way.
    Hey guys thanks for the advice, the one thing is, my mate is REALLY protective of her, like a few months ago our mate made a sexual comment about her and he got our mate to the ground and started punching him in the face lol :eek:
    But, i doubt he would do that do me...anyways, if i talk to him and it doesnt go well then I've lost a best friend aswell as the girl I like?

lol, i'm in quite a pickle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys thanks for the advice, the one thing is, my mate is REALLY protective of her, like a few months ago our mate made a sexual comment about her and he got our mate to the ground and started punching him in the face lol :eek:
    But, i doubt he would do that do me...anyways, if i talk to him and it doesnt go well then I've lost a best friend aswell as the girl I like?

lol, i'm in quite a pickle
    Ask him first, if he says no, then just leave it at that...then he'll know you respect his judgment, and he might even change his mind!

ReputationRep:
    keep it quite and make covert moves, no one has to know.

ReputationRep:
    Difficult position, as if your mate is going to be difficult about it then there is no easy way. Obviously a secret relationship isnt going to work on the ground of that is is hard to keep up and a secret. Honesty is the best policy and breaking it to your mate gentely may be the best way. Talk to the girl about it first and see what she has to say, as she is likely to know her own brother quite well.

See how it goes, but he is going to have to find out soon or later, just make sure he isnt kept in the dark too long.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.