The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Tribi18
How many A levels can you take at collage?

I want to take english lang/lit combined, performing arts (counts as 3 A levels) and psycology at AS in year2.. Is this too much?

Within reason you can take as many A levels as you want to and feel able to (I know someone who did 8, but that's just showing off...). That doesn't sound like too much, but I'd suggest you talk to your college or school if you're not sure.
Reply 2
The national recommendation is that you take FOUR subjects at AS level (ie, the first year of sixth form/a levels) and dropping down to THREE for A2 (ie, the second year) this is the NEW system called "cirriculum 2000" or something......it used to be you just took 3 subjects over 2 years, but the new system is to 'broaden' your knowledge...or some garbage, it just means you take exams (if you go to uni, and dont take a gap year) for 7 years straight. urgh.

anyways, so if you were to take all those subjects to AS...you would be taking the equivilent of 5 AS levels...which although far from impossible (someone at my school took 10 at AS and 9 at A2....gaining 6 As and 3 Bs...WOW) is going to leave you with ALOT more work than your friends.

Talk to your freinds, parents, and college about it!

Hope this helps. xxx

Latest