Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A 20-odd single-mother walking along the street with 3 kids in their 3-seater push chair, wearing a fake track suit brought from a market, massive ear-rings and a fag hanging out of the side of her mouth is not in any way flattering, and most people would agree that in this case, the cigarette makes the person look worse again.

However, on the other hand, I have noticed that on people who take care with their dress and appearance, smoking a cigarette can often enhance such a persons appearance. If done by the right person, smoking can be quite an attractive quality, and can have almost a mysterious appeal under the right circumstances.

What are you thoughts on this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it will look attractive when there 20. Give it another 30 years that white stick is going to look dashing with that spider web like visage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always too put off by the smell to care, really.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not, one of the biggest trun-offs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    A 20-odd single-mother walking along the street with 3 kids in their 3-seater push chair, wearing a fake track suit brought from a market, massive ear-rings and a fag hanging out of the side of her mouth is not in any way flattering, and most people would agree that in this case, the cigarette makes the person look worse again.

However, on the other hand, I have noticed that on people who take care with their dress and appearance, smoking a cigarette can often enhance such a persons appearance. If done by the right person, smoking can be quite an attractive quality, and can have almost a mysterious appeal under the right circumstances.

What are you thoughts on this?
    Yeah this is true but i've seen some people pull it off who 2 days later look terrible with a fag in their mouth.

ReputationRep:
    A good looking guy who smokes can definitely be a turn on for me - you are right about that bit of mystique it adds. But I'd also agree that for a chavvy or unattractive guy, smoking is a turn off. A bit unfair really, but that's my opinion in it =)

ReputationRep:
    Im a smoker and i find smoking it's easier meeting people in a smoking area than anywhere else.

Ive found alot of people are more interesting when they smoke because they've made a life style choice against the grain and arent afraid to face the people that go

"CANCER LUNGS!"
    Yeah you dont like smoking, if im honest i love it.

I think smoking can make you look like you live on the wild side, and it depends if you like women / men who live on the wild side

ReputationRep:
    I feel it can reduce ones appearance?

ReputationRep:
    I don;t see how in any way it is attractive to see someone with a fag sticking out of their mouth! Each to their own and all that though.

ReputationRep:
    Massive turn off; it portrays the person to be quite psychologically weak if they smoke due to the addictive qualities of nicotine.

ReputationRep:
    I think it can.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking makes me sexy :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I would agree, but only for people I find a bit attractive in the first place. I've never had the opportunity to take up smoking, but if I had, I would probably have done so, so maybe that's the link?

ReputationRep:
    I've not really got anything against smoking but I also dont think it makes you look more attractive

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, I don't find it attractive at all during the day time. But I agree with what you said in the second paragraph. But I only find it works at night.

ReputationRep:
    I smoke, but damnit I never leave a fag hanging out my mouth if I can avoid it. It looks so frikkin takky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap)
    Massive turn off; it portrays the person to be quite psychologically weak if they smoke due to the addictive qualities of nicotine.
    What if the reason they smoke isn't because of addiction? You realise some people do smoke simply because they enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    It's a huge turn-off in my opinion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Smoking to me is one of the biggest turn offs in a woman. I've seen many an attractive lady go outside and take a fag out of her handbag and start desperately puffing away, and it's really off putting. The smell is bad, the breath will stink and eventually the hair, skin and teeth will be all yellow and yucky. Oh and their voices sound like men's,

Yeah, very attractive. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap)
    Most people smoke not because the packet of **** looks cool but because it relieves stress.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.