Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)

Eva Green+Cigarette=:coma:

I remember watching The Dreamers and then feeling like a cigarette. :smokin:
    She's also smoking a Sobranie Cocktail if I'm not mistaken.

:coma: :coma: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else see the guy who keeps standing behind news reporters on the BBC news channel? He stands with a sign saying something like: 'ban actors smoking'.

It was quite funny seeing him run from one camera to another when they switched reporters outside the courts in London :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    http://kfeina.files.wordpress.com/20...an_smoking.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    You're joking right? You aren't actually trying to imply that the British media is pro-tobacco? Almost all institutions in this country are almost totally anti-smoking.
    Funny. Did I say "the British media"? I most definitely didn't. Most people's media has nothing to do with the television. The new media is the internet and there's nothing censored on there. Not to mention movies. The TV set has long lost its status as the King of the media. The British media can censor whatever it wishes, but people still get their dose of entertainment and alternativity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Yes, if those were sold near me, I'd seriously consider taking up smoking again. :coma:
    At £7 a pack? Not for me, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Anyone else see the guy who keeps standing behind news reporters on the BBC news channel? He stands with a sign saying something like: 'ban actors smoking'.

It was quite funny seeing him run from one camera to another when they switched reporters outside the courts in London :rofl:
    I saw him earlier and was willing him to get jumped by a bunch of angry smokers on live TV. He looks like a right *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    So what are you saying, just because you can relieve stress so many other ways you shouldn't smoke?

I can't imagine myself having the time to relieve stress other then having a cigarette in places like lunch during work, breaks during exams/schools, walking/driving to a destination, waiting around, during meals and i especially love to start my day with a fag in bed.

hmmm. yeh i think that nobody should smoke, and they should find other ways to relieve stress.

Practically everybody gets stressed. some more than otheres. but doing something harmful isnt exactly the best way to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    It's an off put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeUpFoxy)
    Im a smoker and i find smoking it's easier meeting people in a smoking area than anywhere else.

Ive found alot of people are more interesting when they smoke because they've made a life style choice against the grain and arent afraid to face the people that go

"CANCER LUNGS!"
    Yeah you dont like smoking, if im honest i love it.

I think smoking can make you look like you live on the wild side, and it depends if you like women / men who live on the wild side
    Tbh I think this is about the only positive you get from smoking, you meet so many people in club smoking areas where you can chat to each over before heading back to the dancefloor together. But I'm still trying to give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    hmmm. yeh i think that nobody should smoke, and they should find other ways to relieve stress.

Practically everybody gets stressed. some more than otheres. but doing something harmful isnt exactly the best way to deal with it.
    I do understand it's harmful but I also enjoy smoking, hopefully once im older and have a proper job i can invest in some cuban cigars.

Also I find smoking a nice cigarette while drinking some corona on a sunny day = heaven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    I saw him earlier and was willing him to get jumped by a bunch of angry smokers on live TV. He looks like a right *******.
    :rofl: He did look silly tbh. But at least he was peaceful about it :yes:

yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.