Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stellatommo20)
    interesting topic, though no one has so far brought up the subject of old age pensioner stabbings. What? You think they'll stop? These idiots will still be carrying knives around at 40/50/60 years old, if theyve not been killed already. This country is falling so fast, its just going to get worse.
    Good point! We will have 60 year old granddads carrying knifes out on the street teaching their grand children how to stab people. :woo:
    The youth of the future might feel its necessary to carry knifes to protect themselves from the OAPs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    Binge drinking, obesity, smoking, knife crime, STIs..... it's a wonder we've survived this long really
    Just to point out we have always been a binge drinking nation, smoking is at its lowest levels ever, violent crime is a lot lower than 30 years ago, we are incresingly educated about stis.

Things really aren't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the big deal. So people are more likely to exercise to look better now, hence when older they'll have better bodies, no wrinkles due to botox, so obviously if they look younger, they can dress younger. You get old ****s even now, the majority of people will just dress tastefully and fashionably, this thread's just blowing it out if proportion lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    No I think its steadily getting worse, you can see how more women dye their hair and put on more make up and in the future we are going to see 50 year old women in mini skirts and 50 year old men going to night clubs full of young people trying to fit in.
    I sort of understand where your going with this but teenagers wore miniskirts in the 50s and do we see 60/70 year olds walking around in them now??? No we don't. People change with time and if they didn't our grandparents/parents etc would be just like us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    When has that not been the case?

P.S. Its annoying that every generation has a few idiots that think everything is getting worse.
    I never said it wasn't. I just think it's pretty crazy that with our unhealthy lifestyles the human race hasn't fallen in the "survival of the fittest" pit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    I don't get the big deal. So people are more likely to exercise to look better now, hence when older they'll have better bodies, no wrinkles due to botox, so obviously if they look younger, they can dress younger. You get old ****s even now, the majority of people will just dress tastefully and fashionably, this thread's just blowing it out if proportion lol.
    No I think people are looking at this like how the 60's generation culture died out. This isn't just some subculture its a general way of life and the youth of today will continue that way of life because thats who they are and they don't want to be "old". This will also affect their mental health negatively.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, this is just self-hating snobbery. The kids of the 60s supposedly all did drugs and slept around and they're now all middle-aged. This is complete cack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    Come on, this is just self-hating snobbery. The kids of the 60s supposedly all did drugs and slept around and they're now all middle-aged. This is complete cack.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    This generation will die youngest, it's cool to get smashed every weekend. Loads of people are fat too.

At least we don't have to worry about the pension crisis.
    By name and nature, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student070707)
    I sort of understand where your going with this but teenagers wore miniskirts in the 50s and do we see 60/70 year olds walking around in them now??? No we don't. People change with time and if they didn't our grandparents/parents etc would be just like us
    We arn't the kids of the 50's. They were under different influences of those times, society was different. You weren't going to see a 50 year old women in that time wearing mini skirts and the kids of those days did outgrow it. But the way thins segem to be progressing it seems young people retain their youthful behaviour for longer these days. In those days less people went to univeristy, now more people stay in education. Its more likely that you will see a 40 year old in a mini skirt today than in the past and the trend is going up.

ReputationRep:
    We'll all abandon TSR . It's all downhill after that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxmjam)
    By name and nature, eh?
    Is that all you could come up with?

Most acknowledge that we are the unhealthiest generation yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll be either dead or just really really fat

ReputationRep:
    Music was way better in the old days. That's all I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    People will grow out of it, its no different to any other generations.

What will be weird is having grandkids laughing at our iphones and HD tv's.

ReputationRep:
    i think wel have flying cars =)

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity and not to be rude, OP how old are you? You have mentioned that things are getting worse, but surely the only way to truly know this is to have lived through such cultural changes.

ReputationRep:
    40 years ago we had grandma Marjory and grandpa Edmund, in 40 years time we'll have Grandma Chardonnay and Grandpa Beckham or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    40 years ago we had grandma Marjory and grandpa Edmund, in 40 years time we'll have Grandma Chardonnay and Grandpa Beckham or something like that.
    lol classic.

ReputationRep:
    WOOHOO for gross generalisations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.