Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1) Do you meet other people from different colleges or do you generally stay with people in your own college?

2) Can you use other colleges facilities, eg, josephine-butlers gym when you are in university college - etc?

3) Are there any colleges where you must clear out your room at christmas and easter? Or can you leave all of your stuff in your room from october till july? Ive heard University college you have to clear out your room, but how about other colleges?

4) I know some teachers live in colleges too - they dont like check up on you and come in your rooms and stuff do they?!!!!:eek:

Sorry if some of these q's seem silly, just nobody i know goes to a uni with a college system and I really dont know what to expect?!!! Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letia)
    1) Do you meet other people from different colleges or do you generally stay with people in your own college?

2) Can you use other colleges facilities, eg, josephine-butlers gym when you are in university college - etc?

3) Are there any colleges where you must clear out your room at christmas and easter? Or can you leave all of your stuff in your room from october till july? Ive heard University college you have to clear out your room, but how about other colleges?

4) I know some teachers live in colleges too - they dont like check up on you and come in your rooms and stuff do they?!!!!:eek:

Sorry if some of these q's seem silly, just nobody i know goes to a uni with a college system and I really dont know what to expect?!!! Thanks xx
    1) You can meet lots of people from other colleges especially from lectures and societies.
    2) I don't believe you can use other college gyms, but I'm not sure about other facilities such as tennis courts if your college doesn't have one (I'd like to know the answer to this if anyone knows).
    3)In Chad's you can leave some stuff in some trunk rooms but yes you have to clear out your room. I believe some colleges have boxes that go under your bed where you can leave stuff.
    4)They won't come into your rooms unless you ask them to!

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    2) With regards to Butler Gym - no you can't, you have to be in Butler or Ustinov college to use that =)

ReputationRep:
    what about other facilities, eg bars etc??

ReputationRep:
    Bars are open to all, except occasionally for large events (where they're closed to anyone not in the college). Some bars make you hand in your campus card to enter, but students are still allowed in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.